ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (66/121) > >>

Renegade:
a cheap, small paint brush might be better, but yes - definitely an idea.
-Renegade (August 15, 2014, 08:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Please be sure not to buy anything synthetic for the job, and only those bristle types that are naturally anti-static (badger, black sable, boar). And don't reuse brushes that have been previously used for paint or other substances.
-app103 (August 16, 2014, 12:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

The calligraphy brush we have is natural hair. For paint brushes, I wasn't thinking of synthetic as they build up static charges, but good point to bring that up.

app103:
a cheap, small paint brush might be better, but yes - definitely an idea.
-Renegade (August 15, 2014, 08:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Please be sure not to buy anything synthetic for the job, and only those bristle types that are naturally anti-static (badger, black sable, boar). And don't reuse brushes that have been previously used for paint or other substances.
-app103 (August 16, 2014, 12:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

The calligraphy brush we have is natural hair. For paint brushes, I wasn't thinking of synthetic as they build up static charges, but good point to bring that up.
-Renegade (August 16, 2014, 12:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not all natural hair is anti-static, which was part of my point. Don't chance it if you don't know specifically what kind of hair it is.

ewemoa:
Thermomix. Totally insane. Just crazy what you can do with it. Off the hook. No words to describe it. I'd heard about it and thought, "Meh, whatever." No... It's simply mind-blowing.
-Renegade (July 12, 2013, 06:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

So, how has this one been since your original post?
-ewemoa (August 15, 2014, 04:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Simply. Amazing.
-Renegade (August 15, 2014, 07:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for sharing!

Dare I ask if there are any downsides you've noticed (you got yours as a gift IIRC -- but perhaps maintenance costs)?

Renegade:
Dare I ask if there are any downsides you've noticed (you got yours as a gift IIRC -- but perhaps maintenance costs)?
-ewemoa (August 16, 2014, 03:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

So far I can't see a downside to it. No maintenance so far, and I put it through the gears pretty hard sometimes.

mouser:
Ok here's a gadget: YONANAS

The price fluxtuates on amazon.com; i bought it for $29 which seems a good price for it.

What it is: It takes frozen bananas (and other frozen fruit), and mashes it up into a consistency that is like ice cream.

There are video reviews of it all over youtube, lots of people (who are on a diet) swear by it. it's certainly a healthy alternative.

Personally I did not particularly love the taste of the frozen banana results (which is bizarre since i have been eating whole frozen bananas for years; maybe just a bad batch of bananas; a friend here really liked the banana results) but frozen peaches were great.

As to whether you really need a dedicated tool to do this.. You couldn't really use a blender as it would either fail to pulverize or make soup out of it from the heat. Another major advantage to a tool like this is that it is built to be very easy to clean. There are now alternative product competitors to this product that sell for similar price; they probably all function similarly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version