ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (54/121) > >>

Deozaan:
5mW 532nm Green Light Laser Pointer - Deep Blue + Silver (2 x AAA)
-Deozaan (July 06, 2013, 03:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

My green laser came a couple of weeks ago and I love it! It is awesome! I was so giddy when it arrived (I didn't check my mail until past midnight that day) that I played with it for a while and then slept with it next to my pillow. :-* Wow, I'm such a geek! :D

4wd:
As far as gadgets go, you can do a lot worse than a "weather station".-mouser (July 14, 2013, 04:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Gadget WEEKENDS

Spoiler

Displays nicely all the key information without lots of extra useless info.  :)

TaoPhoenix:

This is sorta not up to the strict rules of Gadget Weekend, but I'm dyin' to know if anyone tries this!

http://www.dumpaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/life-hacks-dumpaday-8.jpg
Printer whining that the cartridge is out of ink? Pop it open and press a reset button?!

:tellme:

soulwanderer:

Here you can find it for 30 GBP

This gadget made my XBMC work like a charm. This allows my Zotac miniPC to receive the keystrokes on my TV remote control, allowing me to use my normal remote to manage my computer.

Out of the box, it worked with no further config after installing the drivers provided. The default mapping of the remote was quite good (I did not find the need to customize it in a couple of months), but it can be fully customized to suit your need (here you have more information on this).

The best point of it? It has made my media center really simple to use... even my ganny know how to use it! No more need of other remote and (IMHO) much more elegant than having universal remotes...

Also, it is quite small and its powered by USB (image for reference, next to my wife's iPod and the included cables):

mouser:
Got a KVM switch so I could switch between an old and new machine while using same monitor, keyboard, speakers:

http://www.amazon.com/IOGEAR-2-Port-DVI-D-Cable-GCS932UB/dp/B002TQYSN8

The darn thing actually works (surprised me)!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version