ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (53/121) > >>

x16wda:
As far as gadgets go, you can do a lot worse than a "weather station".
-mouser (July 14, 2013, 04:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

How good is the range on the remote sensor?  That's been a weak spot on the units I have tried.  (Longevity is another weak spot, probably because I have always gone with the cheaper units.)

mouser:
They say it has a 300ft range.
The previous brand I had was a colossal pain to get and keep the base and sensor "synchronized"; this one seems care free.

IainB:
...They've been made a restricted import in Australia due to the mentally deficient pointing them at aircraft approaching Sydney International. ...
-4wd (July 07, 2013, 08:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
Really? Had they been shown to be mentally deficient?    :tellme:
Are these people also allowed to vote and drive cars?

Renegade:
...They've been made a restricted import in Australia due to the mentally deficient pointing them at aircraft approaching Sydney International. ...
-4wd (July 07, 2013, 08:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
Really? Had they been shown to be mentally deficient?    :tellme:
Are these people also allowed to vote and drive cars?
-IainB (July 22, 2013, 09:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's actually worse than 4wd has described.

A couple weeks ago I had to get some photocopies certified as originals, which meant a trip to the local police station to have that done. Browsing around the counter, I saw a laminated sheet of "prohibited/illegal weapons". And yep - you guessed it... laser pointers are "weapons".  :huh:

I suppose the millions of hollowed out carcasses of crashed airplanes serve as testament to the dangers of laser pointers. :P

Mark0:

Triggertrap Mobile

For about the price of a simple remote shutter + intervalometer, 30$, it makes for a far more flexible and powerful gadget.
There's a dongle that connect to the headphones out jack of a smartphone (or any device that can output audio), and then a collection of adapter cables for nearly any photocam around.
Features includes: remote shutter, timelapses, distance timelapses (a shot every x meters), multiple shots with different exposures for HDR, stars trails, sounds or vibrations triggers, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version