ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (52/122) > >>

tomos:
Depending on the power and distance from the laser, you can even be permanently blinded by laser light.
-Tinman57 (July 07, 2013, 07:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

I presume they use led lights(?) - they come with a warning that they will damage your sight if shined directly in the eyes. A lot of cyclists dont realise their power - I've had to flash my lights at a few that were blinding me with a lamp at the wrong angle.

4wd:
I presume they use led lights(?)-tomos (July 08, 2013, 07:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Solid State Lasers, (eg. the majority of Laser pointers), use Laser diodes, slightly different to LEDs in the method they use to generate light.

Renegade:

Thermomix. Totally insane. Just crazy what you can do with it. Off the hook. No words to describe it. I'd heard about it and thought, "Meh, whatever." No... It's simply mind-blowing.

A close friend of my wife gave us one.

You have to see it in action to believe that it can do. You'll read about it a bit, but it doesn't sink in until you SEE it done.

A few things you can do:

* Make flour
* Make butter
* Make ginger ale
Speaking of... I think I'll crack a bottle of ginger ale that I made with it right now!

mouser:
Now *THAT*, dear sir, is a GADGET!

mouser:
As far as gadgets go, you can do a lot worse than a "weather station".

I've gone through a couple but here's my current favorite:

It's $55, looks great, and has the features I love:

* Shows BOTH indoor and outdoor temperature and humidity (with highs and lows for both), at the same time (outdoor sensor included).
* Shows current date and time, and has internal clock battery so won't lose time when losing power.