ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (49/122) > >>

barney:
Three rabbits, one shot - no problem :)
-4wd (July 06, 2013, 07:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

Er-r-r ... how do you get the rabbits to line up <g,d,r> :P?

4wd:
Three rabbits, one shot - no problem :)
-4wd (July 06, 2013, 07:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

Er-r-r ... how do you get the rabbits to line up <g,d,r> :P?
-barney (July 06, 2013, 10:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

It was a complete fluke, getting dark and I didn't even see the two young rabbits feeding behind the bigger one, (they were only in the space of a 450mm of so) - the next door neighbours dog was very happy.

The steel core in the pellets certainly works well :)

cmpm:
Cool 4wd, I wasn't sure if air pistols and rifles would qualify for gadgets.
No practical purpose except fun, or maybe getting the next meal. :)

That Gecado is an old, but well built rifle.
An antique even, probably worth more then it sold for new.

There is a huge fan base for air guns.
I like the air guns better then any Co2 powered pellet gun.
Less equipment to buy with air.

4wd:
I like the air guns better then any Co2 powered pellet gun.-cmpm (July 06, 2013, 10:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Same here, I find there's something more enjoyable/interesting about air arms than any other type of firearm.

superboyac:
[/url])[/i] Being a coffee fanatic connoisseur,
-40hz (July 05, 2013, 03:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
you too?  I've been trying out the different brew methods for the past 7 years.  I went from drip, to aeropress, to french press.  And now the one I've settled on is the v60 method where you control the water temperature, weight the amount of water and beans, and time the whole thing.  The baristas at the local foo foo shop taught me how to do it, and I do it on the weekends.  Awesome!
-superboyac (July 05, 2013, 04:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

I learn something new every day. The V60 method? Hmm...  :huh:

Reminds me of a drastically more precise version of the old Chemex pot method which I've used in the past.

Agree on the water temp and prewashing the filter. It does make a difference. As does pre-wetting the grounds ("puffing" them to use the old Chemex term for it). And the timing - which should never exceed 6 minutes for a brew cycle no matter how large the full pot.

But the precision and the recommended tare weights...now those V60 numbers are definitely something worth experimenting with. In cooking, the top chefs will always tell you "weigh - don't measure ingredients" to get consistently superior results...

Gonna have to look into that V60 thing more closely.  :)
-40hz (July 06, 2013, 06:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
oh yeah, i tried the chemex also. it's actually very similar to the chemex, but i found it easier because the "v60" part (the ceramic piece that holds the filter) can be removed from the server, which offers more flexibility (chemex, the whole thing is on unit).  so after prewashing the filter, you can remove the server and throw out the used water.  it's just a tad easier i guess.

but it's a bit of a science project for each cup.  the other way that i use at work is called a "clever cup", which is like a filtered french press.  i like that as a quicker 2nd best choice.  some people still prefer the french press because you get more of the oils , whereas these methods filter some of it out, but these taste better in my opinion without the oils all in there.  here's clever cup video:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version