ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (44/121) > >>

app103:
Can you people resize your images to sane resolutions? IMO these images don't need to be larger than, say, 800x600 or so. The thumbnails are a bit too small, but the fullsize are just way too huge.

(Didn't notice there was a new page where Stephen actually posted sanely sized images until after I submitted this)  -Deozaan (April 26, 2013, 03:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

For a forum, 800 X 600 which works out to be approx. 11.11 X 8.33 inches, is still too large.  640 X 480 pixels (8.889 X 6.667 inches) is about the right size.  Of course, this is only MY OPINION!  And we know what those are worth, eh?   :P
-Tinman57 (May 25, 2013, 08:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Really? Since you bothered to take the time to actually measure, so did I...and on my screen, the 800x600 measurement is about the same as the one you gave for 640x480. I am guessing your resolution is lower than 1280x1024? That would definitely have an effect on your opinion. Now imagine what the opinion of most people, that have even higher resolutions than I have, would be.

I remember when 800x600 was HUGE...the size of most people's desktop wallpaper. It was my opinion that creating artwork that was larger than that would be an unnecessary waste of disk space. I have since retracted that opinion and re-released all my old desktop wallpaper art under a CC-BY license and encourage people to chop and crop away and try to make them useful for something, since they are no longer useful as wallpapers (because of their small size). I wish I had made them twice the size, now. I really miss some of them a lot, and they would be impossible for me to recreate. Amazing how a little bit of time and progress can easily change one person's opinions.

superboyac:
He he -- I use my digital scale daily to measure my tea leaves :)
-ewemoa (May 25, 2013, 06:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
dang!  i didn't realize the tea drinkers do that.  cool.

4wd:
One of the key things about the digitial scales is that you can zero them out after you put a bowl on them....-mouser (May 25, 2013, 07:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

And here's the analog version:

Gadget WEEKENDS

Rotate the base when you've measured one ingredient to re-zero for the next ingredient to be added.  The cover which acts as the measuring bowl has an indented base so it doesn't slide off the measuring platform.

Here's the exact model at Amazon.

ewemoa:
There is also another non-retired analog scale here that can do calibration / zero-ing -- takes more time but doesn't require batteries :)

ewemoa:
He he -- I use my digital scale daily to measure my tea leaves :)
-ewemoa (May 25, 2013, 06:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
dang!  i didn't realize the tea drinkers do that.  cool.
-superboyac (May 26, 2013, 01:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

Gotta be careful with powerful stuff that's ingested regularly, right? ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version