ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (42/122) > >>

mouser:
Nice. I have a kitchen scale too but i can never find an excuse to use it..

You've inspired me to post about a very low-tech kitchen gadget that I occasionally have use of, a Bag-Holder-Opener:

Useful for holding a bag open so you can use your hands to pour stuff into the bag.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSQm5GJRLsk

NOTE: SEE ALTERNATE INVENTION IN POST BELOW BEFORE BUYING THIS

superboyac:
Regarding kitchen scales, i just got one and I'll tell you why.  For years i've been trying to figure out the best way to make a cup of coffee.  I've tried all the gimmicks and methods.  The one I like the best is called a "pour over" using a V60 or something similar.  But to do it right, you need to properly measure the amount of beans you use, and the temperature of the water.  So i got the scale to measure the means.  I'll be trying it out this weekend.

ewemoa:
He he -- I use my digital scale daily to measure my tea leaves :)

app103:
I need one of those kitchen scales, but it has to be husband-proof (indestructable). Hubby is a diabetic and not very good at using my ancient, cheap plastic scale to measure portions that need to be measued by weight.

mouser:
One of the key things about the digitial scales is that you can zero them out after you put a bowl on them -- the manual ones like the one you have their app make it harder to compensate for weight of container.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version