ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (38/121) > >>

40hz:
$30 bucks? how the hell did the pull that off?
-mouser (March 09, 2013, 06:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Slave labor. ;)

Deozaan:
How does that work with Android? Does it use Bluetooth?

superboyac:
I own a $$ Gyration set. It is pretty amazing even if I primarily bought it for the to-die-for keyboard.

If this puppy works even half as good as that it's worth double the asking price imho.

Thanks for sharing! :Thmbsup:
-40hz (March 09, 2013, 06:50 PM)
--- End quote ---
It totally works at least half as good.  The gyration stuff is better built and probably more ergonomically comfortable.  Their stuff is great.  Logitech's MX Air mouse is also fantastic.  And yes, it probably is a product of some sort of slave labor (I even looked up the company's info online, and you can see the conveyer belt booths and factory environment  >:().

The featureset is remarkable.  Keyboard and air-mouse in one device is the only one of it's kind I know of.

How does that work with Android? Does it use Bluetooth?
-Deozaan (March 09, 2013, 08:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
I believe it does somehow.  Crazy eh?  I really don't know at this point, haven't been able to test that out, but others have and say it works.  I have another media player device coming ($60) that's an Android device and I'll try it out on that.

Renegade:
A fun gadget for guitar players:

It's a kind of guitar pick for special effects.

http://www.jellifish.com/

They don't have a huge number of dealers, so you might be better off ordering one online.

But I'm not even sure that they're still in business. Some of their dealers' web sites are gone. You might need to check ebay or amazon if you want one.

40hz:
I think the Jellyfish is hard to find because it basically isn't that musically useful and people have stopped buying them. Those little springs also have a tendency to snag and semi-unravel after a relatively short time. And it's more difficult than it looks to find a good sound using one of these things.

I bought one, and had two more given to me by people who tried and gave up on it. All three are currently residing in the tin where I keep spare picks, small parts, and other junk.

YMMV... However, if anybody has recorded something good that depended on one of these things, could you please point me to it? I'm one of those people who hates to admit defeat when it comes to something like this. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version