ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (37/122) > >>

cranioscopical:
I figure it's me just talking to myself on this thread
-mouser (March 06, 2013, 02:42 AM)
--- End quote ---
Is the language bad enough for that?  ;)

superboyac:
UPDATE:  read my buggy behavior report below.  I DO NOT recommend this device as a primary, reliable tool.  Just as a cheap toy with a potentially great featureset.  It will not replace the more reliable brands like gyration and logitech.

So i just got this thing, and it's incredible.  $30, mind you.
http://www.amazon.com/iPazzPort-2-4GHz-Wireless-Keyboard-Remote/dp/B006OW1J1M

Let me tell you what this thing can do:
--full air mouse, meaning you wave your hand around in the air and move the mouse.  Super smooth, plug and play.  Why am I making a big deal?  The only other ones that we are aware of from the big companies are Logitech and Gyration, and they cost over $100.  This is an incredible deal.
--It has a full keyboard.  amazing.
--turn it over, on the other side, it has a simple setup for a TV replacement remote, it can learn IR commands.
--the usb receiver is hidden inside.  lovely.
--exact size of an iphone.
--rechargeable with a regular, non-proprietary usb cable.
--replaceable battery
--works on windows, and android!

This is amazing to me.  Maybe I'm over-sensitive to things like this, but it reveals a few things to me.  How stupid and ignorant most of my country (US) is to the technology available, especially regarding what things should cost, how easy they should be to use, how simple doesn't necessarily mean better, and better doesn't necessarily mean more complicated, how strong the marketing of the more popular brands are, etc etc.  Also, how held back the US technology experience is because of legal/political issues, and how little people realize this.  If I hear one more person show amazement by whatever new feature the iphone can do, i will throw up.

mouser:
$30 bucks? how the hell did the pull that off?

40hz:
I own a $$ Gyration set. It is pretty amazing even if I primarily bought it for the to-die-for keyboard.

If this puppy works even half as good as that it's worth double the asking price imho.

Thanks for sharing! :Thmbsup:

mwb1100:
But will it clean your floors?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version