ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (35/122) > >>

mouser:
Good reminder that first of the month is a good day for everyone to do your full system drive imaging backups.

f0dder:
Good reminder that first of the month is a good day for everyone to do your full system drive imaging backups.-mouser (March 01, 2013, 01:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
...and at the speed of USB3, it's a little less painful than it used to be :)

I bought the 1TB version of the My Passport a month or two ago, for backups - a bit thinner than the 2TB version, but otherwise identical, and it's been working very well too. It's so darn convenient not having to mess with wall-wart power thingies, the drives are powered over USB3.

And eSata has always seemed a little flaky to me - flakier even than USB :P

mouser:
Continuing a theme, I want to post today about a quick non-water-bucket mop.

The one I just got is the Swiffer WetJet, which is $20 and uses disposable pads and proprietary cleaning solution that triggers at push of a button.

This does not have the cleaning ability of a normal strong mop, but it seems to do a surprisingly good job, and most of all it's 1000x more convenient than using a normal water-bucket mop.. So for those of you like me who would just never ever ever mop, it's a real winner.  It falls into that category of chores that would never get done without something quick and portable like this.

There are several different brands available -- I have no reason to prefer one over the other -- and you might try one with washable pads or which doesn't require hacking to use your own cleaning solution.

tomos:
hey mouser,
are you having a long weekend ;) :P

mouser:
I figure it's me just talking to myself on this thread so why bother sticking to the rules..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version