ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (22/122) > >>

mouser:
Tinman, why are you trying to ruin a perfectly good, high-tech, possibly toxic, $20 gadget with an 8 cent just-as-good solution?  Are you trying to make me look foolish?

barney:
Tinman, why are you trying to ruin a perfectly good, high-tech, possibly toxic, $20 gadget with an 8 cent just-as-good solution?  Are you trying to make me look foolish?
-mouser (January 12, 2013, 07:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Actually, that 8-cent solution will cost more, considering the longevity of the $20 gadget  :-* :P.  (Well, depending upon how much you use the oven  :-\.)

4wd:
Tinman, why are you trying to ruin a perfectly good, high-tech, possibly toxic, $20 gadget with an 8 cent just-as-good solution?  Are you trying to make me look foolish?
-mouser (January 12, 2013, 07:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Actually, that 8-cent solution will cost more, considering the longevity of the $20 gadget  :-* :P.  (Well, depending upon how much you use the oven  :-\.)
-barney (January 12, 2013, 08:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, but with recycling the 8-cent solution just keeps coming back  ;)

barney:
Yes, but with recycling the 8-cent solution just keeps coming back  ;)
-4wd (January 12, 2013, 09:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah  >:( -  and out of my pocket every time  :(!

Been using such a [different than mouser's] liner for a couple of decades (I bake a lot).  Much cheaper than one (1) or two (2) rolls of foil every year  :Thmbsup:.

4wd:
Been using such a [different than mouser's] liner for a couple of decades (I bake a lot).-barney (January 12, 2013, 09:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well with a half-life of several thousand years I'd expect it to last ;D

BTW, I work it out to ~2.5 cents a time for the foil, (30m roll @ $2 / 400mm each time), changed at ~6 month intervals here, (don't use the oven much - microwave and stove-top Bessemer are much more efficient energy/cost-wise), so I'm good for 300-400 years before I'm losing out to a $20 gizmo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version