ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (19/121) > >>

Tinman57:
One of my favorite cheap gadgets is a Swiffer Sweeper Vac:
It's basically a really tiny, light, cheap, low powered battery-powered vacuum cleaner meant for very light duty work on solid (wood) floors.
My experience is that it's basically only useful for one thing, and that's cleaning up dust and cat hair from wood floors -- it's too low powered for anything else.  But at that one job, it is perfectly suited, and a pleasure to use.
-mouser (December 22, 2012, 10:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have one of those for my wood kitchen floor.  I vacuum it about 10 times a day because of the cat & dog hair.  It works like a champ too, and holds a charge really well.  I don't have to charge it but about every 10 days.

KynloStephen66515:

We got given 2 of these e-cigarettes (One each) off my in-laws as an early Christmas present...

Let's just say...they work WONDERS...

I have gone from smoking 30 a day, to just having one, yesterday morning.

No real cravings to speak of, and they have plenty of flavours for those who want different tastes.  I just use the one called "Natural Smoke Juice" which...it just plain old Nicotine flavoured.  I WAS using the Menthol (Mint) one, but I decided to use this instead as its s slightly higher dosage of Nicotine (18mg vs just 16 on the menthol) - I will then lower the dosage until I hopefully, don't need ANY nicotine in it at all!

mouser:
Ok today I'm posting about a cheap gadget that I think everyone should have.
It's a battery-powered water/flood leak detector.

I have two of these guys, one in the bathroom and one under the kitchen sink.

You put them on the floor and if water ever gets underneath them they let out the most piercing beeps.

Now if you're lucky you'll never have one of these guys go off on you because of a real problem, and only because you accidentally spill some water.

But they provide me with significant peace of mind when i fill up the tub, etc., that if something goes wrong I will at least have a change at being alerted to it before it's too late.

The brand I use is Zircon: http://www.amazon.com/Zircon-Leak-Alert-Electronic-Batteries/dp/B002Q8GRPG but have little reason to prefer one brand over another (these first alert ones also look good and are possibly easier to change batteries on).

Renegade:
Ok today I'm posting about a cheap gadget that I think everyone should have.
It's a battery-powered water leak detector.
-mouser (December 28, 2012, 08:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

I could have used one a little while back. The hot water heater sprung a gushing leak out of the blue... really nasty - spraying all over with a good amount of pressure. I luckily caught it within an hour or 2, but still... there was a lot of water and a nasty mess to clean up.

Seems like a really good thing for the laundry room.

mouser:
Seems like a really good thing for the laundry room.
--- End quote ---

definitely.  laundry room and boiler room are great candidates.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version