ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (16/121) > >>

mouser:
My gadget post for today is a water fountain for your pet.

The one I have is by Drinkwell but there are a bunch of different models and there is nothing special about this one:

I don't know why the cat loves drinking out of it so much, but she does -- something about the moving water is very appealing to cats (dogs too?).  They think they are drinking from a fresh flowing stream or some nonsense.

You do have to clean it every once in a while, but it clearly makes the cat happy so I think it's worth the trouble.

Tinman57:
My gadget post for today is a water fountain for your pet.

The one I have is by Drinkwell but there are a bunch of different models and there is nothing special about this one:

I don't know why the cat loves drinking out of it so much, but she does -- something about the moving water is very appealing to cats (dogs too?).  They think they are drinking from a fresh flowing stream or some nonsense.

You do have to clean it every once in a while, but it clearly makes the cat happy so I think it's worth the trouble.
-mouser (December 14, 2012, 11:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've got one, but a little different.  Mine looks like a toilet and shoots water up from a spigot close to the water level.  The reason the cats like drinking from it so much is because it's aerated, which makes the water taste better.  Basically the same reason our inside faucets have aeraters, mixes in oxygen into the water giving it a better taste.
  These are good to have for cat owners because the more cats drink the less chance they have of having urinary tract problems, which cats are well known for....

Renegade:
I've got one, but a little different.  Mine looks like a toilet and shoots water up from a spigot close to the water level.  The reason the cats like drinking from it so much is because it's aerated, which makes the water taste better.  Basically the same reason our inside faucets have aeraters, mixes in oxygen into the water giving it a better taste.
-Tinman57 (December 15, 2012, 07:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

I thought that oxygenation was why, but couldn't remember where I heard it.

These are good to have for cat owners because the more cats drink the less chance they have of having urinary tract problems, which cats are well known for....
-Tinman57 (December 15, 2012, 07:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Didn't know that.

ewemoa:
Anti-slip material:

Gadget WEEKENDS

The blue material in the image has been much handier than I expected.

Use it to open jars, stabilize tablet / pc stands, support make-shift arrangements for standing tablets, etc.

IIRC, obtained some at a Daiso store.

Renegade:
Anti-slip material:
 (see attachment in previous post)
The blue material in the image has been much handier than I expected.

Use it to open jars, stabilize tablet / pc stands, support make-shift arrangements for standing tablets, etc.

IIRC, obtained some at a Daiso store.
-ewemoa (December 15, 2012, 09:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

It looks like the stuff I used to line our cupboards. Never thought to use it elsewhere though. That might be because it's all used already. :D

IIRC, I bought it in a roll. Was that how yours came?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version