ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (8/121) > >>

joiwind:
Onward with more live market human experimentation~!
-Renegade (November 18, 2012, 07:30 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'm stunned, call me Poly and send me back to Norway!
-cranioscopical (November 18, 2012, 11:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Poly, polycephaly, bicephaly, bisphenols ... or the other way round.

mouser:
I almost forgot about Gadget Friday!

Ok here's mine for this week: An Electric Toothbrush.

I've used two brands, Sonicare and Oral-B, they are both excellent, and I wouldn't necessarily recommend one over the other:

ewemoa:
I've heard it's good to rotate through multiple toothbrushes of different types -- perhaps it has to do with no single type being able to reach quite the same places :)

ewemoa:
Recently got a SATA extension cable.  Found that it's helpful for making it easier to swap out HDDs for a notebook PC.

Gadget WEEKENDS

Renegade:
Something that has proved its worth over and over:

Kensington 33117 International All-in-One Travel Plug Adapter

One of the best things about this particular model, is that it has a fuse. So, if there's a problem, you just replace the fuse, and keep on going rather than throw it out and get a new one. I've had to replace the fuse once.

I have a different brand adapter that does the same basic thing, but it's sticky and hard to use - switching the plugs can be a nightmare sometimes. Not recommended there. The Kensington on the other hand is smooth and easy to use.

We have things with 4 different kinds of plugs, and quite a few different adapters.

What I really wish is that they'd simply manufacture things to a single, sane standard, and that all these adapters and different power bars weren't needed. Even having 2 form factors for 220~240 and 110 power would be a significant improvement.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version