ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (4/121) > >>

4wd:
I'll sneak one, (well three), in:

Gadget WEEKENDS

Top is the original Gerber Multi-tool that you could open by flicking your wrist and the jaws would slide out plus the optional 1/4" hex drive and bits.  No longer available, it's about 15+ years old.

Bottom right, (I meant my other right ), is the Gerber EVO Multi-tool and the other is a Gerber Shortcut Mini-tool.

The top one is probably my most used version due to the hex drive but it's absolutely lethal to use as pliers if you're not watching what you're doing - the handles close to a gap of about 2mm and if you happen to catch the skin of your hand, (or a finger), when the jaws slip off whatever you're using them on....IT F'N HURTS!

;)

I'm partial to Gerber but I also had a Leatherman Micra....which got left on the bus between Cusco and Puno  :(  >:(

Honestly, a tech without a multi-tool ?

Heresy  ;D

x16wda:
I'm partial to Gerber but I also had a Leatherman Micra....
-4wd (November 16, 2012, 06:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

I use my Micra all the time!  It lives on my keychain, along with the flashlights, tape measure, usb stick, and my emergency supply of Xanax...

mwb1100:
I'm partial to Gerber but I also had a Leatherman Micra....
--- End quote ---

I use my Micra all the time!  It lives on my keychain, along with the flashlights, tape measure, usb stick, and my emergency supply of Xanax...
-x16wda (November 16, 2012, 06:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

I used to have a Squirt P4, but lost it somewhere - I loved that thing.  Leatherman no longer sells the P4; they 'combined' it with the S4 (which had scissors instead of the P4's pliers) and took away a couple other tools to make the PS4.  I don't like the compromises made to add the scissors on the PS4. I'll have to get a used P4 replacement on eBay one of these days.

Renegade:
I got black pepper oil somewhere a few years back - it actually smells lovely (it is spicy, but not at all peppery like freshly ground). Dont know would it work well in the humidifier (maybe in a mix) but it's really great in the bath if you've got aching muscles.
-tomos (November 16, 2012, 01:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've not tried it in a bath. Interesting... Didn't know that. It's freaky what some of these things can do. Headaches? Wintergreen. Who'd have thunk it? :)

I cook a lot with black pepper oil, and man... does the kitchen ever smell GOOOOOD~~~~! :D

PS Renegade
-tomos (November 16, 2012, 01:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah. Didn't see that before! Thanks!

I'll sneak one, (well three), in:
 (see attachment in previous post)
Top is the original Gerber Multi-tool that you could open by flicking your wrist and the jaws would slide out plus the optional 1/4" hex drive and bits.  No longer available, it's about 15+ years old.

Bottom right is the Gerber EVO Multi-tool and the other is an earlier version of the Gerber Splice Mini-tool.

The top one is probably my most used version due to the hex drive but it's absolutely lethal to use as pliers if you're not watching what you're doing - the handles close to a gap of about 2mm and if you happen to catch the skin of your hand, (or a finger), when the jaws slip off whatever you're using them on....IT F'N HURTS!

;)

I'm partial to Gerber but I also had a Leatherman Micra....which got left on the bus between Cusco and Puno  :(  >:(

Honestly, a tech without a multi-tool ?

Heresy  ;D
--- End quote ---

I love those things! I bought a super-uber-cheapo one on the subway or somewhere, and it served me quite well. Then when I couldn't find it, I got another relatively cheap one (from Thermos). Someday, I do want to splurge on a good one though.

-x16wda (November 16, 2012, 06:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah... Xanax... I don't take it except when I need to fly. err... I mean on airplanes, like at the airport. :P If you're going to fly, might as well be flying~! ;D (But seriously - a few Xanax and a quick guzzle of about a half dozen of those tiny airplane drinks, and all of a sudden flying is much better. Makes time just fly by. I think next time I'll try the quick guzzle & Xanax before I get to security clearance though. But not sure what dosage would make that tolerable... :P )

4wd:
I'll have to get a used P4 replacement on eBay one of these days.-mwb1100 (November 16, 2012, 07:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Make sure you try searching for NTSA - all those happy people that had them seized at the airport because they forgot they were on a keyring, then the NTSA sell them off to people who flog them on ebay ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version