ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (114/121) > >>

4wd:
but be warned, they ignore the unsubscribe button on emails :-/-tomos (December 23, 2020, 12:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've discovered the same issue with Banggood. :(
-Deozaan (December 23, 2020, 08:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Try using the unsubscribe link in a browser on Linux, (eg. Firefox), or your phone, I got a completely different web page layout and the unsubscribe action completed unlike with Opera or Edge in Windows where it just sat there animating the spinner.

... and I haven't received an email from them in a week as opposed to one/two per day.

Connecting to/from my 64-bit Linux laptop with my ARM Android phone using AnyDesk was no issue at all. Think it is a pretty safe bet that you can expect the Linux version you'll use on your Raspberry Pi device will not give you problems when connecting with Android devices using AnyDesk. -Shades (December 25, 2020, 08:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

An AnyDesk response to a customer:
I have Anydesk response on this, dated August 4th 2020

"Currently, we only support Raspbian (32-bit) on Raspberry Pi 3 and newer:
https://support.anydesk.com/Installation

However, we are aware that such an AnyDesk version is requested, but we cannot give you any further information about this yet, unfortunately."
--- End quote ---

NoMachine just plain old worked for me, it's working better than VNC which I've used for years.

wraith808:
So forgive me for this in advance... the original post was talking about using an old laptop or tablet as a monitor for the RaspPi.  How does using nomachine help with that?

Nod5:
The little HDMI to USB webcam adapter looks very useful! Hackaday wrote about it recently too
https://hackaday.com/2020/12/21/heavy-raspberry-pi-user-keep-an-hdmi-to-usb-capture-device-around/
with link to a video review that covers latency https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=256&v=daS5RHVAl2U
Only problem seems to be that there are several similar products on Amazon et al but quality can be hit or miss.

Deozaan:
So forgive me for this in advance... the original post was talking about using an old laptop or tablet as a monitor for the RaspPi.  How does using nomachine help with that?
-wraith808 (December 30, 2020, 10:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

I believe the idea is that it helps in accomplishing the same thing, but without having to connect wires (and accompanying adaptors) from the RPi to the laptop or tablet.

wraith808:
-wraith808 (December 30, 2020, 10:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

I believe the idea is that it helps in accomplishing the same thing, but without having to connect wires (and accompanying adaptors) from the RPi to the laptop or tablet.
-Deozaan (December 30, 2020, 11:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

I get that's the idea, but not really sure how it works?  I guess like VNC?  Which wouldn't really be useful for me, but just wanted to make sure that I was thinking the correct way

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version