ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (108/121) > >>

4wd:
Does anybody have any recommendations for other "emergency kit" type things (minus fire extinguishers/med-kit/snow stuff)?
-Stephen66515 (June 10, 2020, 02:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

For the UK?

Decent walking shoes, a decent pocket knife/multitool, a couple of litres of water, and a basic understanding of which way is South.

Then walk East or West, the coast is less than 70 miles away no matter where you are and long before you've walked even 15 miles you'll be falling over a made road, fence, houses, MacDonald's, fish and chip shop, off-licence, etc.
 ;) :P

cranioscopical:
Then walk East or West, the coast is less than 70 miles away no matter where you are and long before you've walked even 15 miles you'll be falling over a made road, fence, houses, MacDonald's, fish and chip shop, off-licence, etc.
-4wd (June 10, 2020, 08:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
And if you stop off at even 1% of the pubs you'll just be falling over.

KynloStephen66515:
I believe this would be that thread. From 2016, your mileage may vary.
-x16wda (June 10, 2020, 05:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Heh, turns out that was my thread...

Time to revisit it I think XD

KynloStephen66515:
Does anybody have any recommendations for other "emergency kit" type things (minus fire extinguishers/med-kit/snow stuff)?
-Stephen66515 (June 10, 2020, 02:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

For the UK?

Decent walking shoes, a decent pocket knife/multitool, a couple of litres of water, and a basic understanding of which way is South.

;) :P
-4wd (June 10, 2020, 08:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's going to need to be used in Europe, too.  Pretty much anywhere from here (NW England) to Calabria (SW Italy).

4wd:
Gadgets, gadgets, gadgets ...

Let's see, first a boring old charger: Blitzwolf BW-S16 75W 6 port desktop charger - 2 x USB-C supporting PD 3.0, 2 x USB-A supporting QC 3.0, and 2 x USB-A supporting plain old Fast Charge (2.4A).

GL.iNet AR750S Travel Router - OpenWrt based, inbuilt Tor gateway, VPN (both OpenVPN and Wireguard), USB/uSD file share, 3 x Gb ports, 802.11b/g/n/ac.

Gerber EAB Pocket Knife

... and a hand held searchlight ...

Sofirn SP36 Anduril LED torch - ~5600 lumens of blinding, eye searing, white light in the palm of your hand ;D

ADDENDUM: Almost forgot, yet another set of BT earphones, Tronsmart Onyx Free ... UV sterilisation, although how effective that is, who knows.  You really need UVC and I haven't yet found what wavelength this uses.

Had the opportunity to try out the jump starter I mentioned last time on my old Landcruiser, started it but I would have doubted it could have cranked it a second, (or possibly third), time, these old diesels aren't as easy to spin up as the new breed, (it's basically a 3.4l truck engine).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version