ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (7/122) > >>

4wd:
re boiling water : as most real tea drinkers know, you should not boil water when making tea - it makes the water "flat" and affects negatively the taste of the brew, just bring the water up to nearly boiling (no jokes please about whether tea tastes of anything anyway ... I'm English).-joiwind (November 17, 2012, 08:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

And you don't boil water for making coffee either.

Up until about 18 months ago, we used a plastic cordless electric jug to boil our water but it finally died after 15 years of service.

It got replaced by a cordless stainless steel version...it died last week.

Screw what it's made of, just give me something that lasts as long as the plastic one.

The plastic one was more efficient also since the element was in the water, (direct heat transfer), and not heating up the base as in metal versions, (indirect transfer).

Yep, still a tech, give me something that's efficient, does the job and lasts a long time.  :D

Renegade:
The problem with plastic is that it can include toxins, like bisphenol A, which is linked to cancer and all kinds of nastiness. It gets worse though... While many manufacturers have eliminated it, they have replaced it with bisphenol S.

20 years ago, nobody really knew about the problems, but more recently, research has been published on it.

IainB:
The problem with plastic is that it can include toxins, like bisphenol A, which is linked to cancer and all kinds of nastiness. It gets worse though... While many manufacturers have eliminated it, they have replaced it with bisphenol S.
20 years ago, nobody really knew about the problems, but more recently, research has been published on it.
-Renegade (November 17, 2012, 04:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

There's a whole alphabet of bisphenols for food-plastics manufacturers to get through yet, to discover whether they are harmful. Give the experiment more time.    :o

Renegade:
There's a whole alphabet of bisphenols for food-plastics manufacturers to get through yet, to discover whether they are harmful. Give the experiment more time.    :o
-IainB (November 18, 2012, 07:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yep. More or less from A-Z:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisphenol

Onward with more live market human experimentation~! ;D

cranioscopical:
Onward with more live market human experimentation~!
-Renegade (November 18, 2012, 07:30 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'm stunned, call me Poly and send me back to Norway!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version