ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (31/122) > >>

mouser:
Ok my gadget for today is something I wish I had discovered earlier in life, it's a Glue Gun.

This cheap little guy will cost you $13 and is a wonder for making super fast glue bonds.

You know those commercials for "super glue" the glue that will stick your fingers to each other but never seems to hold much of anything else?

Well a glue gun actually *works*.

Basically it just melts these little glue "sticks" into liquidy gel which you apply to the area.. and it bonds very quickly -- within a minute, as it dries.

The speed is the key reason you would use a glue gun -- there are so many glueing projects where you don't want to wait hours or even days for it to try.

The other advantage of a glue gun is that the glue can be made quite thick to fill a void or span a distance, and the glue gun bonds have a little bit of a rubbery give to them, which make them less brittle and more forgiving (unlike superglue which is super thing and brittle).

Anyway, at $13 I think it's a gadget everyone should have on hand.

http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-GR20K-Trigger-Feed-Melt/dp/B000NIFKRM

app103:
Did you know they sell caulk sealer in glue stick form? The stuff is wonderful (when you can find it), because you don't have to wait hours and hours for it to dry so you can take a shower. It sets in about a minute or so.

Of course, you'd want a dedicated glue gun of the right type for this purpose, as it's not a good idea to mix adhesives or sealants within the same device. So, if you get yourself a 2nd one for a specific type of adhesive, make sure you label both guns with the adhesive type you used in them.

I actually own a bunch of glue guns, some of them are even dedicated to the use of this stuff (one for each color, that I picked up for about $3 each, back in the last century).  ;D

cranioscopical:
Basically it just melts these little glue "sticks" into liquidy gel which you apply to the area.. and it bonds very quickly
-mouser (February 08, 2013, 04:03 AM)
--- End quote ---
Just don't let it drip on your hands or you'll find yourself doing one of those dancing-screaming routines  :o

Renegade:
Basically it just melts these little glue "sticks" into liquidy gel which you apply to the area.. and it bonds very quickly
-mouser (February 08, 2013, 04:03 AM)
--- End quote ---
Just don't let it drip on your hands or you'll find yourself doing one of those dancing-screaming routines  :o
-cranioscopical (February 08, 2013, 02:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've done the dancing-cursing routine! :)

barney:
-cranioscopical (February 08, 2013, 02:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've done the dancing-cursing routine! :)
-Renegade (February 08, 2013, 08:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Try doing it while wearing summer shorts and dripping it onto your thigh ... may have invented a new dance-n-chant  :-\ :P.
The newer versions are trigger-fed, but the originals used thumb pressure - a strong grip at the wrong time could be ... painful, shall we say?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version