ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (3/121) > >>

ewemoa:
I recently got a foldable tablet/phone/notebook stand:

Gadget WEEKENDS

Tried it with a couple of tablets oriented horizontally and vertically with no problems.  Currently being used as a stand for a notebook pc (though with some anti-slip material as insurance).

FWIW, the image doesn't show it, but the legs can be extended further out.

Think there's some OEM-ing going on with this as I see multiple similar offerings online.  Some examples include:

http://www.amazon.com/Foldable-Stand-Kickstand-Extendable-Aluminimun/dp/B0043NH28S/
  http://www.amazon.com/Kickstand-Adjustable-Handheld-Electronics-computer/dp/B003KGZTKW/
  http://www.amazon.com/KB-Covers-Stand-iPad-Black/dp/B003VFALEQ/

More pics can be seen via the above three links ;)

Might get another one or two for other devices here, but am thinking of waiting a bit to see how the existing one fares.

Thanks to mouser for posting a link to another stand -- that link helped to find the three above :)

Renegade:
I was trying to think of a fun gadget that I have, and then I turned my head to my left. BINGO~! :D

The Young Living home essential oil diffuser! I LOVE IT~! :D We have 2 of them! ;D

Gadget WEEKENDS

Young Living essential oils are therapeutic grade, so the diffusers can be used either recreationally/aesthetically, or for practical use. e.g. Diffuse Thieves oil to clean the air/room, or lavender oil to relax or fall asleep. etc. etc. etc.

You have to have the oils to diffuse, but YL has a huge selection. It doesn't matter what you diffuse, as long as you like it, though I'm not sure that you'd want to diffuse pure essence of ginger, or black pepper. :P

One of the cool things about it is a lot of the oils you can use medicinally or therapeutically. 20 years ago I thought this stuff was all pure bunk, but after actually seeing it in action, well, I'm sold on it.

I also have the Essential Oils Desktop Reference (embedded affiliate link purely because mouser said it was ok, and I am really really curious to see if anyone actually buys one! :P ), which is excellent, and explains a huge amount about what different oils do, and how to use them. I also have the smaller version of the book as well: Essential Oils Pocket Reference. It's also very good, and quicker for some things.

Today I was diffusing an oil called "Abundance", which smells just gorgeous. It's the same oil I diffused for my wife when our daughter was born. (The bottle in the middle above.)

Other oils I like are Clarity and Purification. Those are blends, but if you want pure cedar oil, or wintergreen, or orange, tangerine, lemon... there are TONNES!

While I don't diffuse peppermint oil, I drink it in water. Same goes for lemon.

You can find the diffuser here:

http://www.youngliving.com/oil-diffusers/Home-Diffuser-US

That's actually a newer model though. I bought my first one from a friend in Penang between 3 and 4 years ago, then bought a second one here a year or 2 ago.

DISCLOSURE: However, in order to buy, you need to find a distributor (e.g. me), or sign up through a distributor (e.g. me - PM me if you are interested either way) (i.e. it is MLM). I do NOT sell Young Living products (I've never sold any in fact), and I don't sign people up. I just signed up to buy them because they're just really, really good. A friend of mine introduced them to me.

You can use them with other oils as well. I would recommend Young Living oils because I know a lot about them, about the company, and about their general philosophy. So, while they're a bit more expensive than some others, they're therapeutic grade, and extremely high quality.

BTW - I also cook with the oils! :D Even sometimes in my kangaroo tacos~! ;D (Usually oregano, black pepper, or basil there.) I also use ginger oil sometimes, especially when cooking chicken stir-fry. (Others as well, but that's an idea of the versatility.)

Here's a list of their oils. I'm highlighting the ones I normally diffuse in RED and the ones I really like to diffuse in BOLD RED. I'm including the full list to give people an idea of what they can do, but it's long, so in a spoiler.

List of oilsSingle Oils
   Balsam Fir (Idaho)
   Basil
   Bergamot
   Blue Cypress
   Cedarwood
   Cinnamon Bark
   Cistus
   Clary Sage
   Clove
   Copaiba
   Coriander
   Cypress
   Dill
   Dorado Azul
   Douglas Fir
   Elemi
   Eucalyptus Blue
   Eucalyptus Radiata
   Fennel
   Frankincense - But not too often as it is expensive
   Galbanum
   Geranium
   Ginger
   Goldenrod
   Grapefruit
   Helichrysum
   Hyssop
   Jasmine
   Juniper
   Laurus Nobilis
   Lavender - Usually to relax or sleep
   Ledum (Seasonal)
   Lemon
   Lemon Myrtle
   Lemongrass
   Marjoram
   Melaleuca Alternifolia
   Melissa
   Mountain Savory
   Myrrh
   Myrtle
   Nutmeg
   Ocotea
   Orange
   Oregano
   Palo Santo
   Patchouli
   Pepper, Black
   Peppermint
   Petitgrain
   Pine
   Ravensara
   Roman Chamomile
   Rose
   Rosemary
   Sacred Frankincense
   Sage
   Sandalwood
   Spearmint
   Spikenard
   Spruce
   Tangerine
   Tarragon
   Thyme
   Tsuga
   Valerian
   Vetiver
   Wintergreen
   Ylang Ylang

Blended Oils
   3 Wise Men
   Abundance - I diffuse this most
   Acceptance
   Aroma Life
   Aroma Siez
   Australian Blue
   Awaken
   Believe - A friend of mine makes a very good living doing FX trading, and uses this oil when he trades and researches.
   Brain Power
   Christmas Spirit
   Citrus Fresh
   Clarity - LOVE this stuff!
   Common Sense
   Di-Gize
   Dragon Time
   Dream Catcher
   En-R-Gee
   EndoFlex
   Envision
   Forgiveness
   Gathering
   Gentle Baby
   Gratitude
   Grounding
   Harmony
   Highest Potential
   Hope
   Humility
   ImmuPower
   Inner Child
   Inspiration
   Joy
   Juva Cleanse
   JuvaFlex
   Longevity
   M-Grain
   Magnify Your Purpose
   Melrose
   Mister
   Motivation
   PanAway
   Peace & Calming
   Present Time
   Purification
   R.C
   Raven
   Release
   Relieve It
   RutaVaLa
   SARA
   Sacred Mountain
   SclarEssence
   Sensation
   Surrender
   Thieves - I use this to clean the room/air.
   Transformation
   Trauma Life
   Valor
   White Angelica

Renegade:
Here's mine for this week, a Vacuum Food Sealer:
 (see attachment in previous post)
The idea of a vacuum food sealer is to remove the air and thus preserve foods for longer, and keep frozen foods from developing ice crystals.
-mouser (November 16, 2012, 07:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

I must confess... Every time I see one in a store... I drool... I've wanted to get one of these for a LONG time. But, as I need to move in a year, I'd just have to get rid of it. So, I can't justify the expense. :(

For the irrational gadget lover they are wonderful things, because they make noise, require the purchase of accessory supplies (bags), and give you a serious gadget satisfaction when you use them.
-mouser (November 16, 2012, 07:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

THAT'S ME~! ;D

(I'd mention that I did this post in Editplus with the help of Text Editor Anywhere, but that's a software gadget post. ;) )

tomos:
I'm not sure that you'd want to diffuse pure essence of ginger, or black pepper. :P-Renegade (November 16, 2012, 07:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

I got black pepper oil somewhere a few years back - it actually smells lovely (it is spicy, but not at all peppery like freshly ground). Dont know would it work well in the humidifier (maybe in a mix) but it's really great in the bath if you've got aching muscles.

PS Renegade

mouser:
Seriously, no more gadget lovers here to post about their favorite gadgets?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version