ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (21/122) > >>

mouser:

I suppose this would be little consoleation
--- End quote ---

i don't know about that but it might be a little consolation.

app103:
Did you know, if you tape a piece of this stuff over the air intake vents of an evaporative humidifier, and turn up the fan speed, you can turn them into pretty good air cleaners that remove quite a bit of the dust & dirt from your air?

If it starts getting clumps of junk on it, just vacuum it off. When it gets dirty, just remove and tape on a new piece.

My humidifier has an intake vent that goes completely around it, so I need to use a big wide strip of it instead of a little square, which is why I buy the stuff by the yard at a local fabric store.

Be very careful to get the sew-in, non-woven kind and not the fusable type (that kind has glue in the fabric and not suitable for use as a filter material). Also, get the lightweight or featherweight stuff, otherwise the air won't be able to pass through it readily and it will just block your vents instead of acting as a filter.

A bonus, besides keeping the air in your room cleaner, is keeping the inside of your humidifier cleaner (motor, fan, internal filters, water, etc.), possibly prolonging its life and saving money on expensive repairs and/or replacement parts.

mouser:
Good idea app -- and also a good reason to buy an overpowered humidifier that is larger than you would normally need :up:

mouser:
Today's gadget, an oven liner:

http://www.amazon.com/Jobar-Non-Stick-Oven-Liner/dp/B000GLNV8Q

What it does:
Sits at the bottom of your oven and anything that would normally drip onto the bottom of your oven drips onto it.  Can be easily removed and cleaned and reused.

Tinman57:
Today's gadget, an oven liner:

(see attachment in previous post)
http://www.amazon.com/Jobar-Non-Stick-Oven-Liner/dp/B000GLNV8Q

What it does:
Sits at the bottom of your oven and anything that would normally drip onto the bottom of your oven drips onto it.  Can be easily removed and cleaned and reused.
-mouser (January 12, 2013, 03:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

Or you can do as I do, line the bottom with aluminum foil.  When it gets overly dirty, just rip it out and put in some more...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version