ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Best Anti-spyware.

<< < (5/6) > >>

flamerz:
Thanks for suggestions. Tried both Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware. Finally decided to go for SuperAntiSpyware. It has a life-time license.
-BCHOWDHURY (November 17, 2012, 11:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

how to get the lifetime license, still avaliable?

mwb1100:
Thanks for suggestions. Tried both Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware. Finally decided to go for SuperAntiSpyware. It has a life-time license.
-BCHOWDHURY (November 17, 2012, 11:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

how to get the lifetime license, still avaliable?
-flamerz (December 24, 2012, 02:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Lifetime licenses for SuperAntiSpyware are apparently no longer available:

We currently do not offer new lifetime licenses; As of mid-2011, all new licenses are 1-year.
-http://forums.superantispyware.com/index.php?/topic/7153-how-to-by-lifetime-subscription/page__view__findpost__p__28446
--- End quote ---

flamerz:
then i'll continue with my mbam :)

J-Mac:
then i'll continue with my mbam :)
-flamerz (December 24, 2012, 02:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Which also is a lifetime license if you purchase it.   ;)

Jim

Darwin:
Darwin!! Long time, no see dude!

BTW, you will want to purchase another new license for Norton AV when your current one expires, rather than renewing. Norton is still in the "kill 'em with the renewal pricing" mode. If you purchase Norton AV anew - packaged or downloaded - you just have to enter the new license/serial code and it will show the new expiration date. Or if it is a whole new version just install it over the current and the license is updated.

Jim

E.g. - I have a license for Norton Antivirus 2012, 1 user, 3 PCs. Symantec would like me to renew the license and upgrade to NAV 2013 at $44.99 per PC for 1 year each! That would be $134.97. I just purchased a new license from Amazon for NAV 2013, 1 user, 3 PCs for $17.99 total! Downloadable too! I am told on their forum that if I contact Symantec Support they will offer a discount, but how the hell much could they discount it? Surely not enough to match $17.99!

Jim
-J-Mac (December 23, 2012, 08:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Jim - nice to be back around here! I have been monitoring DC from the shadows for the past 18 months or so, but haven't been posting much. Anyway, thank you for the tip about Norton. Like you (and I didn't fully read your first post before posting myself), I purchased the AV only version and have really been impressed with the performance. What a contrast to circa 2003 or so! Unless they mess up Norton AV in the next couple of years, I'll be taking your advice in 2015!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version