ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Creating automatic bookmarks in a pdf

<< < (5/7) > >>

Contro:
Not to hijack a thread, but I need something else entirely.  I have been trying to get a script to extract the bookmark, and the pages to the next bookmark, and name them after the bookmark. Like extracting chapters in a book to separate files.

I get a 500 page PDF with loan documents in it, bookmarked the Note, the Mortgage, Title policy etc.  I need to extract those sections and hopefully name them after the bookmark.  So if page 0 is bookmarked "Note", 1, 2 ,3, pages, then the next bookmark on page four is "Flood", I need pages 0,1,2,3 extracted to a file called "Note".  Then the next to "Flood" and so forth through the entire file. I am using Acrobat Pro XI, so a javascript or sequence is preferred.
-y0himba (November 15, 2012, 12:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Don't worry . Seems a nice idea.
But exists ?

Contro:
@Contro, I don't grasp what you try to accomplish.
If you have a msword document with a toc, then that's sort of having already bookmarks..

-kilele (November 17, 2012, 12:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sometimes I have a TOC.
this post is when we don't have a toc.
But I try to get your help too in this aspect.
Best Regards

Contro:
Is your toc a real toc generated by msword or just an index made by hand?
msword autogenerates a toc (with links/bookmarks) by taking text with 'headline' styles,
there has to be some way to automatically assign a headline style (h1,h2,h3..) to any any keyword of your interest and then insert a toc to create links.
-kilele (November 17, 2012, 01:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have both things.
I use office xp or 2002.
Perhaps is late for me. I don't know. Simply a link with instructions please. Even another version of office may be useful.

At the present moment I don't understand nitro, but seems the answer.
Of course, I have to study.......

:P

Contro:

I don't see the tool.

-Contro (November 17, 2012, 12:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

See http://www.a-pdf.com/word-to-pdf/index.htm

You can create PDF from Microsoft Word files (*.doc) with bookmarks using A-PDF Word to PDF.
--- End quote ---

Disclaimer: I haven't tried that one.
-dr_andus (November 17, 2012, 12:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have to revise. Excuse me please if I am not that clever. But now seems possible even for me.

Best Regards

Contro:
a-pdf.com require ghostcript from sourceforge.
A little complicated.

I will revise Nitro.  :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version