ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Change name of particular file in all occurrences on hard disk

<< < (2/7) > >>

nkormanik:
Glad I asked.  Thanks to all for the advice.

As I mentioned at the outset, SOMETHING is preventing the normal loading of Java Virtual Machine in a program I'm trying to run.  I've tried everything I can think of.

MilesAhead:
Factors that effect DLL searching

Apparently the registry keeps a list of known dlls.  Also if the dll is already loaded in ram Windows probably won't search for it.  Process of elimination could involve a lot of reboots.

Edit: I came across this jvm.dll trouble-shooting guide

40hz:
Glad I asked.  Thanks to all for the advice.

As I mentioned at the outset, SOMETHING is preventing the normal loading of Java Virtual Machine in a program I'm trying to run.  I've tried everything I can think of.

-nkormanik (November 14, 2012, 11:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Did you try completely uninstalling Java using something like Revo Uninstaller, and then download and install a fresh copy of the most recent edition. I've had occasional Java weirdnesses and fails "cured" by doing that. True it doesn't explain what the problem is. But in my case, it did get me back up and running with a minimal expenditure of time and frustration.

Other minor point - if it's just that one app perhaps the problem isn't Java or anything else - but the app itself that's pooching out on you?

Either way, good luck! :Thmbsup:

nkormanik:
Yep, installed and uninstalled Java (v6, as that's what the program requires) many times now.  The program (SAS statistics) installs and runs fine on two other computers, and this one as well on a second hard drive using dual-boot.

Just came across what might be a clue:

"JVM may fail if a DLL or some other process has pinned a chunk of memory in such a manner that the JVM cannot reserve the contiguous amount of memory requested."

So, there may be some particular process going on that is putting a fly into the ointment.

I've done a "safe mode" boot several times to create a cleaner environment for installing/loading.  But no luck.

MilesAhead:
What flavor of Windows are you running on the problem machine?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version