ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

~$300 Laptop/Netbook recommendations

<< < (2/7) > >>

mahesh2k:
Asus and Acer have few netbook models that are worth taking a look at (under 250$ on Amazon). Be careful with toshiba and HP for netbook, not many good reviews and experience for their models.

skwire:
Thanks for all the input so far.

For inexpensive laptops I've had the best luck with Asus and Gateway.-40hz (November 13, 2012, 03:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oddly enough, those were the two brands we were looking at.  Particularly, this model:

http://www.amazon.com/Gateway-LT4008u-Netbook-Dual-Core-Wireless/dp/B0091I0OEY/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1352836708&sr=1-3&keywords=Gateway+Intel+Atom+320GB+HDD+1GB+RAM+Netbook+PC

Rest assured, I'd be upgrading that to 2GB of RAM (and 4GB if it allows).

superboyac:
Get the Sony Vaio Z...j/k.  That would be QUITE the gift.

mouser:
Also keep an eye out for sales and specials.
--- End quote ---

I am usually not one to pay attention to sales, but isn't there some big sale day coming up for electronics in the US (Black Friday)? Might be good timing.

cyberdiva:
Oddly enough, those were the two brands we were looking at.  Particularly, this model:

http://www.amazon.com/Gateway-LT4008u-Netbook-Dual-Core-Wireless/dp/B0091I0OEY/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1352836708&sr=1-3&keywords=Gateway+Intel+Atom+320GB+HDD+1GB+RAM+Netbook+PC

Rest assured, I'd be upgrading that to 2GB of RAM (and 4GB if it allows).
-skwire (November 13, 2012, 05:02 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hmmm...three years ago, I bought a Toshiba netbook with some of the same features: Windows Starter, an Atom 1.6GHz processor, and 1 GB of RAM.  I quickly upped the RAM to 2GB, but that didn't really help.  The computer remains incredibly slow.  I imagine the dual core will help (mine isn't dual core), but still, I'd be wary of the Atom 1.6 GHz processor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version