ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Steganography Software SecretLayer on bitsdujour.com - 65% Off

<< < (2/3) > >>

Renegade:
I can come up with so many ways to deal with problems, that the only real one is if someone else can decode the message. e.g. Take some open source program, change an image in it, then compile and upload it somewhere as an "alternative". Mission accomplished, provided that you can get the message to the intended recipient. That's another issue though, and beyond the scope of steganography.

BTW - Thanks for bringing up this topic. I know someone who needs this in life and death situations and have already sent him a quick message on the topic. You very well could have saved someone's life by creating this thread. That's not an exaggeration. Thank you.

40hz:
@Ren - Just remind your friend not to neglect strong encryption prior to using steganography to conceal his payload. Steganography gains the lions share of its power from going unnoticed. Most of what I've heard says that detecting hidden data within an image or other filetype isn't all that difficult once you start actively checking for it. I know of private company e-mail systems that scan all attachments for the presence of hidden data. At least if his stuff was initially encrypted its secret would be preserved even after being detected as an embedded payload.

Of course once they spot you using steganography it's tantamount to an admission you're up to something.

In some places that alone is enough to "do ya in."

Shogan Meller:
among different steganography apps (commercial and open source) this SecretLayer seems to be the most developed tool. of course it hasn't some features that other apps do, but in general there is more functionality and convenience (e.g. multiple storages, different encryptions, intuitive gui)

barney:
Steganography in and of itself ( :huh: ) is security by obfuscation, i.e. insecure to anyone who's suspicious.  It'll fool any innocent, unsuspecting viewer (like me  :D?), but 40hz's comment is right on the money.  Steganography alone is scant security.  Add some encryption, and it's a lot more secure.  It is cool, though  :P.

denn:
to 40hz: You are right - the best way is to combine steganography and strong encryption. This is something what we did in SecretLayer.

Regarding detection: its not so easy. Images done with SecretLayer are not detected yet. Additionally - to reduce chances of the detection of your message - do not load it with 100% of data. Use 15-25% of capability of the container image. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version