ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

free web storage service that offers the biggest amount of data?

<< < (7/8) > >>

Deozaan:
The party is on. Make it rain gigabytes.

To celebrate Copy's launch, earn 5 GB of extra free storage for yourself and whoever you refer each time you introduce someone new to Copy. This is a limited time opportunity to rack up huge amounts of extra free storage while we build the initial buzz around Copy!

--- End quote ---

https://www.copy.com/bigger/
-rgdot (March 20, 2013, 12:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

No referral link? It would benefit anyone interested in creating an account since they'd get an extra 5GB.

If anyone wants to use mine, here it is: https://copy.com?r=eQsGOu

EDIT: Apparently the bonus 5GB doesn't get activated until you install either their desktop app or mobile app.

rgdot:
I just passed on the news :)

Reaching overkill territory for me to have yet another backup location to use and keep track of.

kalos:
www.surdoc.com 100GB free

xtabber:
www.surdoc.com 100GB free
-kalos (December 12, 2013, 07:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is not quite what that sounds like. 

You get free storage of 100GB of document files, but only 5GB of everything else, and non-document files are limited to 10MB size.  You can also access only 30 documents a month for free. It costs $2.50/month to access up to 300 documents a month and $8.33/month for 100GB of storage with no restrictions on access or file types.  That's $100/year for $100GB of storage - hardly a good deal!

And while we're at it, be warned that SugarSync will become a paid only service on February 8, 2014.  If you have been using their free service, you have until then to move your data elsewhere or either pay for it or lose it.   Ransomware?

Edvard:
I'm sold on Copy.com.  The Linux client is solid and as easy to use as DropBox's, and they have a tool to migrate your files from Google Drive, DropBox and Box.com directly over the web.

I've got 50G on Box.com, but mounting my folder via a webdav connection is a pain in the neck, the connection is slow, and I have to use an external sync application (the venerable Unison).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version