ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2013

NANY 2013 PLEDGE - Contractor's Work Log

<< < (7/14) > >>

relipse:
Hi Jim

I dont think the first error is permissions - I have it in
C:\Portable\WorkLogGui
got the same error from
F:\Temp\WorkLogGui
(I also tried it with the "_0887" at the end of the folder name with no difference.)

Should the ini file store my username and password? It doesnt automatically.
I added them manually - now I get the screen like first image in OP, but I'm not logged in nor are my details aren't filled in.

Before that I didnt get any image - just the two fields and a login button.
-tomos (November 20, 2012, 02:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

The only way to store your username and password is to go to the Server tab in Preferences, you have to save it THERE first (simply logging in will not do it)

I think you are using a later version of IE which complains about a focusing issue that I used to have (the time log notes used to be visible) I fixed this, but am working on some other stuff before I upload the changes

tomos:
When I look in settings, my name and password are already saved (I didnt add them there manually - maybe they were picked up from the ini file).

I'm using IE8 still ... but I do have an idea what might be causing the focus problem (will test tomorrow without the possibly-suspect app).

relipse:
---------------------------
Work Log Timer
The system cannot find the file specified.
-tomos (November 20, 2012, 07:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

As far as this error is concerned, if you run the .exe as an Administrator, do you still get this problem?
I am still trying to figure out why it would fail.

relipse:
When I look in settings, my name and password are already saved (I didnt add them there manually - maybe they were picked up from the ini file).

I'm using IE8 still ... but I do have an idea what might be causing the focus problem (will test tomorrow without the possibly-suspect app).

-tomos (November 20, 2012, 06:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

The focus problem is fixed, I just need to upload to the server for you to see changes.
Thanks again for all your help

relipse:
-tomos (November 20, 2012, 06:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

The password is slightly encrypted so modifying the ini file will not work directly (for the password). However, the other fields can be changed perfectly fine. The Preferences reads from the INI file yes, so that is why there is already some text there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version