ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2013

NANY 2013 PLEDGE - Contractor's Work Log

<< < (4/14) > >>

relipse:

hi relipse
I'm trying the website :)

1) When I try to open the timer (clock icon) in a new tab (via the context menu) I just get another instance of the main window.
I dont like popups because I tend to forget them - I use FF with session saver - and if I close the window and the popup is in the back, session saver no longer remembers the tabs in the window I just closed...

-tomos (November 08, 2012, 06:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

I went ahead and fixed this, you should be able to right click and open in new tab or window, but a pop up window works the best (callbacks etc)

tomos:
relipse,
the open in new tab seems to work okay (it wouldnt stop for me once, but I just closed the tab and havent had that problem since).
I probably should install it anyway if I'm going to keep using it ;-)

Some thoughts on time columns:

People keep track of non-billable time too. Then there's the scenario where you do related work when *not* on/at a computer.
Then there's the scenario where you might have different rates for different work within the same project - this is easily covered though by using different logs.

Another scenario is where you forget to click STOP. Done that already today - I wrote the project an IOU for 1/2 an hour.
I've very little experience with time-tracking software so I'll just throw out this idea:
Three or four time columns:
   1) Calculated time
   2) Additional time - an add or subtract column (e.g. for the iou example above I would simply subtract .5 hours)
   3) Non-billable (I wouldnt find this important myself, dunno about others)
   4) Actual or Total time = #1 combined with #2 (automatically adjusted)

Then at a glance one could see Calculated; how much adjustment there has been, Additional; and total.

tomos:
Bug:
in the browser popup (after having used it for a while - it currently shows [Start]) - if you press F5, it refreshes and starts automatically. I am then unable to stop it.
When I do stop it -by closing the popup- the time last shown on the popup is not reflected in the worklog.

FF 16.0.2
Win7 64bit

relipse:
Yeah F5 isn't friends with the timer pop up window. Check to see if there are entries in the time log

relipse:
Did anyone try the GUI for Microsoft Windows?
downloadable client is here: http://cworklog.com/downloads/WorkLogGui_0887.zip
Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version