ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Convenience and reality

(1/1)

Contro:
I was reading a very interesting post about windows 8 in this very forum . Obviously i can't say more than my gurus say in that post.

I was only thinking about ergonomy in the keyboards some years ago and how the convenience of creating a series of new needs silents the past.

As I have heard the needs are infinite.

Some years ago the manufacturers talked about the need of a good keyboard and give impressionant instructions about the correct use. Even when the best keyboards appeared to adapt to the position of our hands.

Now, by convenience, all this don't exist and we can use rolling keyboards, flat tactil keyboards, screen of the size of a cigarrette box, ......

We are constructing a very false society under the command of the automation.

I think a tablet is good for a couple of things. So I don't need one.
I don't want to walk with a chip inserted in my head and don't need of asking my neighbour about the route (excuse my english....)
I don't want to adapt to any nonsense invented to sell instead of make more happy people.

And of course I want a system, a model respetuously with the people. The machine is for service, not for substitute persons in all ways possible.

The automation, without control, is the new sure way to go to the massive destruction of the people.
 :-[

Jimdoria:
Almost all of us receive our first acquired communications training - spoken language - at a very early age. Soon after, but while still quite young, we acquire our second type of communications training - reading. The age at which we are taught these activities is when our brains are most primed for learning, but no so much for remembering. We don't recall how "hard" it was to learn to speak, and people who don't have learning disabilities usually forget how "hard" it was to learn to read, as well.

Also, speaking and reading (more or less) are not optional in our world. You MUST learn to do both to function in society.

People typically used to begin learning to use a keyboard much later - I learned in high school - when learning comes a little harder and our memories of difficulty and frustration are more acute. Also, some people are never formally taught typing and get by with hunt-and-peck. Even those who are don't necessarily get it exactly right - I still "cheat" and look at my fingers sometimes when I type.

The point is, we perceive the need to use a keyboard as less than desirable compared to our more "natural" (acquired earlier) modes of communication. And wish that using a computer could be as easy as speaking to another human - that is, virtually effortless, as long as they speak our language.  ;D

Consumer goods cannot make people happy. That said, I am often happy when I have a nice consumer good that works well and makes my life better in ways that are obvious to me. I don't have a problem with new tools that help us connect and communicate. It's the ones that cut us off from one another and the world we live in that worry me. The world has been on a path to massive destruction for decades now. Technology may be accelerating this trend, but it's also helping bring together people who care about the solutions.

40hz:
In the end, we do whatever we need to do in order to reach our goals. And we use what resources and tools have been made available to accomplish that. We adapt.

To borrow from the I Ching: Lacking a single large bowl for making sacrifice to the gods - two smaller bowls may be employed instead. Necessity furthers. No blame.
 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version