ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

Excel files don't open

<< < (2/4) > >>

mouser:
Thanks for such a nice post Roger.  I keep meaning to add some options for how documents are launched that would fix this problems -- thank you for reminding me to do so -- I will try to do it this week.  Don't hesitate to remind me if I forget.

rogerrabbit:
Thanks to Shades for your comments – I am using Excel 2010, but the files I am trying to open are in that same Excel format (xlsx) or version 2003 – 2007 format (xls). As I mentioned, my previous launcher software which pointed to the folders where the files are contained could still open them, so I’m not sure it’s Excel causing the problems.

Thank you very much indeed mouser for looking into this and above all for providing such excellent software. It really is a joy to use.

Roger

rogerrabbit:
Mouser - I thought it very unreasonable to remind you during the holiday period about the fix you are planning which would solve the problem with Excel files, hence the delay.

As you were happy to be reminded if you forgot about his however, it would be great if you could provide something which would enable Excel files to be opened from the shortcut within LaunchBar Commander.

Many thanks again for this great software!

Roger

x16wda:
In the meantime, Shades, I'd be glad to see the Powershell scripts you've come up with if you want to post them.

Powershell seems to me like anti-bash.... lots of power and easy to chain results (including objects) through many steps like a shell, but designed with the intent of using the longest possible command names (including semi-random dashes) instead of the shortest possible...

Shades:
Currently I don´t have access to these files (vacation!), but my scripts are based on this example. I´ll get back to you when I have access again, which should be in a week. Remind me if necessary.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version