ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Removed Areas > C / C++

C++ Programming Resources

<< < (3/5) > >>

fenixproductions:
2bgd77
"Thinking in ..." books by Bruce Eckel are good choice IMHO.

Here's the download sites list:
http://www.mindview.net/Books/DownloadSites

bgd77:
Ok, thanks! It sounds good, I'll give it a try.

kartal:
There is Codeblocks, it was easy to install and run without hassle

http://www.codeblocks.org/

SingingBoyo:
Eclipse CDT isn't bad, though I've never been able to set it up for OpenGL.  Its great for me because I use so many different languages that having a single IDE for all of them is a great thing.  I also use Code::Blocks for anything that needs OpenGL and for C++ graphics in general, but I find it is lacking the kind of code completion I get with most languages in Eclipse.  The method completion really bugs me in Code::Blocks, because when you type in something it recognizes as a keyword, the method signature disappears and doesn't come back.  (Makes constructing objects that have 5 or more parameters difficult.)

So, Eclipse CDT for non-graphic projects, Code::Blocks for others.  Never liked Visual Studio, maybe because its a Microsoftism and those have always been too complex and involved for me.

Deozaan:
Maybe this isn't the right place to ask, but does anyone have a a more recent opinion on a good C++ IDE/Compiler?

Bloodshed's Dev-C++ hasn't been updated in over 5 years (Feb 2005) and that was just a beta release.
Code::Blocks was last updated in Feb 2008.

I suppose if they were good and stable when they were released, and if C++ hasn't changed at all in that time then they could still be good IDEs, but I think they may have troubles with some aspect of Windows 7 64bit. Especially Dev-C++ which was released before Vista!

Oh, and I guess Code::Blocks most recent update was the Feb 27 2010 Nightly Build.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version