topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:06 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: rendering of shadows in animated gif images has a problem  (Read 3912 times)

timmy2

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
rendering of shadows in animated gif images has a problem
« on: November 02, 2012, 09:59 AM »
When I use Frameless to display an animated gif that I created in Photoshop CS6 it renders shadows in white and turns the white background grey.  See the attached images for a comparison between how it's supposed to look and how Frameless renders it. I tried merging the layers in Photoshop but that killed the animation.

irfanview display.png

(as displayed in Irfanview)

frameless display.png

(as displayed in Frameless)

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: rendering of shadows in animated gif images has a problem
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 02:12 PM »
Apologies, I didn't see this thread here until today.  However, I did answer your email to me with the reason why you're seeing the white shadows.  For posterity, here's my email reply:

Some background on how Frameless works might be in order here.  For all supported image formats except for GIF files, Frameless uses the standard Win32 picture control.  That said, the control DOES support GIFs but not animated GIFs.  So, for GIFs, I use a third-party control that supports animated GIFs.  However, based on your sample, that third-party control doesn't appear to support the type of transparency in your file.  Unfortunately, there isn't much I can do about it; I'm somewhat at the mercy of the control.