ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Flood Alert (As service or tray apps)

<< < (2/6) > >>

BigVent:
psionics,

I know this is an older topic... so here's a little something to try.  If you would please provide feedback.

This program checks this site for updated information every 30 minutes. From what I could tell this site appears to be reputable & gives correct data. (please confirm)

F10: Opens the link to the website so you can view it first hand
F11: Updates the findings so you  can refresh earlier than 30 minutes
F12: Displays the beginning msgbox so you can view the controls
Shift + Esc: Exits the program

Thoughts:
When an alert, alarm, or critical are triggered we could setup an (email / text) notification that will find your cell phone or other device.

I'm open for ideas, additions, anything that could help.

~BigVent

psionics:
life saver!!!! thanks so much for this bro!!! :up:

my thoughts are:

* to have an option to save the settings - this is for running the apps in windows startup
* able to change shortcut keys(to prevent conflict)
* able to see the last result by clicking the icon(without refreshing)
* its really neat to have an email or sms function

is it okay for you to provide the source here?

BigVent:
I'm very happy to help psionics!  Hopefully it'll get good use & alert people as needed.

Here's an updated version:

* to have an option to save the settings - this is for running the apps in windows startup
     * Updated with save settings (once you've declared what area you are in, the program will adhere to that area until file is deleted)
          File exists in the script directory "pagasa_loc.txt  -- if you selected to remember your location
* able to change shortcut keys(to prevent conflict)
     * I will add dynamic hotkeys at a later time
* able to see the last result by clicking the icon(without refreshing)
     * Results can be viewed by pressing F9 hotkey
* its really neat to have an email or sms function
     * Email & sms functionality added (at a later time I will create a file for settings)

* Fixed memory leak (specifically multiple instances of iexplore.exe)
* Fixed HTML handler for different OS (specifically Vista & Win 7)
* Fixed inconsistencies of display variables

May I ask who would use or modify the source if it's given?

~BigVent

psionics:
Awesomeness!!!! Thank you so much for this!!!! I'm sure many will find this very useful :)

May I ask who would use or modify the source if it's given?
--- End quote ---
aside from the ability to change the icon(minor), I was just curious on how to write an ahk script to grab the website's data/elements and the notification function.

BigVent:
I was just curious on how to write an ahk script to grab the website's data/elements and the notification function.
--- End quote ---

This is my typical setup for using COM to obtain data from a webpage.
(I know... I know... using IE yuk!)

--- Code: Autohotkey ---#SingleInstance Forceonexit, exitsub pwb := ComObjCreate("InternetExplorer.Application")    pwb.Visible := true        pwb.Navigate("http://www.google.com")            while pwb.ReadyState <> 4                continue msgbox % pwb.document.documentElement.outerHTML   ;will show the source code for Google.com   pwb.Quit   pwb := ""      Exitapp +Esc::   ;shift + esc will exitappexitsub:        pwb.Quit        pwb := ""Exitapp
The notification process came from seeing what data I could obtain & then creating (functions/checks) based upon that data.

~BigVent

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version