ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Interesting Phishing Email - Seen This?

<< < (2/2)

anandcoral:
You do not have to hack any one's account to get a list of names and corresponding email address.
Just look at the mails forwarded to you or your friend. The geek in us use 'bcc' but the rest of the world will fill the 'to' with loads of addresses.

We are having festive season 'Durga Puja' and 'Dushera' now in India. I am getting lots of wishes emails and I now have tons of emails to forward 'whatever', if I wish.

Also with so many web accounts been compromised, where do you think those emails end up to.

Regards,

Anand

Renegade:
You do not have to hack any one's account to get a list of names and corresponding email address.
Just look at the mails forwarded to you or your friend. The geek in us use 'bcc' but the rest of the world will fill the 'to' with loads of addresses.
-anandcoral (October 25, 2012, 02:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

I know that's not it. Thing is, his name is A B C D, and he uses B D in real life, but uses A C on Facebook, which is what I saw in the phishing email, so I KNOW that it's from Facebook somehow. I'm just not sure HOW that information got collected from Facebook.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version