ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Don't You Want to be "Safe"?

<< < (15/15)

Tinman57:
+1 for cmpm - legislation shouldn't be for sale.
-Renegade (January 10, 2013, 11:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
  The U.S. has the finest government that money can buy.....

TaoPhoenix:
  The U.S. has the finest government that money can buy.....
-Tinman57 (January 11, 2013, 04:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

The Finest? Oh Wait, we can force other countries to do things. Right. Gotcha. Hello New Zealand! Nice fella there by the name of Mr. DotCom you got there!

TaoPhoenix:
From the Australian Dept. of Feeling Safe:

http://www.news.com.au/technology/spy-agency-asio-wants-powers-to-hack-into-personal-computers/story-e6frfro0-1226552661701

Spy agency ASIO wants powers to hack into personal computers
"A spokesman for the Attorney-General's Department said it was proposing that ASIO be authorised to ''use a third party computer for the specific purpose of gaining access to a target computer''.

Renegade:
^^ Good grief! That's insane! What happens when the attack gets traced back to your computer and you get charged? Not well thought through...

TaoPhoenix:
^^ Good grief! That's insane! What happens when the attack gets traced back to your computer and you get charged? Not well thought through...
-Renegade (January 13, 2013, 03:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, that's just itching for comedic delivery.
"Repeat after me: I feel safe knowing the Australian Government is hacking into my PC!" LOUDER!! Say it again!

Let's not even *begin* to get into how they think they'll only contain it to their own citizens! IP address? Mandatory app to install?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version