ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Don't You Want to be "Safe"?

<< < (14/15) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
In the midst of the budget junk, I lost track who was worse on privacy, Dems or Repubs.
-TaoPhoenix (January 09, 2013, 10:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Huh?  :huh: You mean there's a difference? :P
-Renegade (January 09, 2013, 10:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Very minute. If you take a scientific measurement, you can discover it. My opinion at the moment is that the Dems are *slightly* less crazy than the Repubs. (I don't know the units for Political craziness!) It was the Repubs who a year and a half ago engineered these series of budget "crises" (despite it never mattering while they were in office!) and Joe Biden who got *something* done  (for disappointingly small amounts of something, I get it, but better than the year and a half of zero!) Sometimes ya gotta take the Lesser of Two Weevils. Or Evils. Or something. Even a crap bill is better than silence and the Repubs went for total broke and lost.

Tinman57:
Judge Rules Against Texas Teen Who Refused to Wear SmartID Badge
In a closely watched case, a federal judge today ruled against a high school sophomore who refused to wear a student ID embedded with a radio frequency chip that tracks students' movement on campus.

http://threatpost.com/en_us/blogs/judge-rules-against-texas-teen-who-refused-wear-smartid-badge-010813
-Tinman57 (January 09, 2013, 08:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

In the midst of the budget junk, I lost track who was worse on privacy, Dems or Repubs.
-TaoPhoenix (January 09, 2013, 10:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sometimes the republicans, sometimes the democrats.  Depends on the political climate at the time and who's votes they're trying to get at the time....  Tis why I'm an independent....

Renegade:
an independent = has a brain :P :D

cmpm:
These days, big money are the lawmakers and politicians.
The ones writing laws to spy on the public (private citizens-remember them) and infringe on privacy.
With maybe a few exceptions.

I have a few ideas to fix it, but they won't happen in my lifetime, I think.
Like, no more lobbyists in the capital at all. Keep them local. If any.
Local is where they were voted in.
Anonymous contributions only.

Renegade:
+1 for cmpm - legislation shouldn't be for sale.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version