ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2013

NANY 2013 Release: Customizable Remote Administration Panel (CRAP)

<< < (11/26) > >>

hamradio:
Hey there .o/

I've been thinking about a possible improvement : since having spaces in the variable field can prevent some commands from working (but not always, and one might even want to add parameters that way), how about adding a checkbox option in the add/edit button window for that button to automatically "remove" spaces from the variable string before passing it to the command?

Note: then it would be nice if the tooltip that shows the command preview and status of the "run confirmation" also stated about that.
-ConstanceJill (April 13, 2018, 03:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just from the left and right side of the variable correct?

hamradio:
Hey there .o/

I've been thinking about a possible improvement : since having spaces in the variable field can prevent some commands from working (but not always, and one might even want to add parameters that way), how about adding a checkbox option in the add/edit button window for that button to automatically "remove" spaces from the variable string before passing it to the command?

Note: then it would be nice if the tooltip that shows the command preview and status of the "run confirmation" also stated about that.
-ConstanceJill (April 13, 2018, 03:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just from the left and right side of the variable correct?
-hamradio (April 13, 2018, 10:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

I decided to go on and do the above as figured it was the most logical. It is now updated and can find the link on original post.  :Thmbsup:

Note: It does not remove the whitespace from the variable combo, but will ignore it if set to when it is needed, so that the combo entry is normal behavior.

ConstanceJill:
Yes, that would be the idea: only ignore those at the beginning and end, since those are likely to be introduced by mistake when copying and pasting.
Thanks a lot!

Edit: now that I think a bit more about it, I can't quite see any reason not to ignore whitespace as long as it's only at the beginning and end of the variable string but... anyway, it's still good to have the option, I guess :D

hamradio:
Yes, that would be the idea: only ignore those at the beginning and end, since those are likely to be introduced by mistake when copying and pasting.
Thanks a lot!

Edit: now that I think a bit more about it, I can't quite see any reason not to ignore whitespace as long as it's only at the beginning and end of the variable string but... anyway, it's still good to have the option, I guess :D
-ConstanceJill (April 13, 2018, 02:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hope the new checkbox layout is okay for you as well. If not I can change them around, but they all wouldn't fit on the top line so I moved the variable one's to the middle bottom.

ConstanceJill:
Yeah, it's OK :)

By the way there's a very minor issue: while the tooltip which appears when hovering the mouse over a button does show the command as it will be ran (removing whitespace at the beginning and end), the one that appears in the status bar does not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version