ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2013

NANY 2013 Release: Customizable Remote Administration Panel (CRAP)

<< < (8/27) > >>

hamradio:
I am not saying it isn't happening, but I can't get it to reproduce here.  So I can't debug since it isn't doing that here.  So me be confused...Does it do it with a web browser as well on your end?  Trying to think of something I can test it with without affecting system settings.

ConstanceJill:
Hi again :)

Yes, it also does it when the command/program to be launched is Firefox.
Tried it on 2 computers at my work, one running Windows 7 x64 and the other one running Windows XP.

hamradio:
For firefox it might be a regression of this bug...

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=787313

So perhaps some stuff is now forcing it it to stay open whether or not the button property "Keep Command Window Open" is checked and if thats the case I doubt I can do anything as close the window and it closes the application most likely.

ConstanceJill:
Hello there :]

I've kept using this program every day at my workplace since it was made, and it works great, however there's a minor thing that's been bugging me for a while, so I thought I'd finally bring it up to see if that behaviour can be changed. It may just be me "misusing" the tool, but I thought I'd ask anyway :p

The thing is, I often need to copy the hostname of my current "target" computer from the "Variable" field so I can paste it into my browser to create a support ticket. So what I do is I usually double click the contents of the field to select it, and press Ctrl V. However, I often move the cursor away from the field before pressing Ctrl V, and I noticed that, if my cursor hovers any of the buttons (except the one at the bottom right in the status bar), then the text from the Variable field gets deselected (which then prevents from copying it).

Now, the obvious solution to that problem is that I shouldn't move the cursor away before pressing Ctrl V, but still, would it be possible to modify the program in such a way that having the cursor hover buttons doesn't deselect the text?

hamradio:
Hello there :]

I've kept using this program every day at my workplace since it was made, and it works great, however there's a minor thing that's been bugging me for a while, so I thought I'd finally bring it up to see if that behaviour can be changed. It may just be me "misusing" the tool, but I thought I'd ask anyway :p

The thing is, I often need to copy the hostname of my current "target" computer from the "Variable" field so I can paste it into my browser to create a support ticket. So what I do is I usually double click the contents of the field to select it, and press Ctrl V. However, I often move the cursor away from the field before pressing Ctrl V, and I noticed that, if my cursor hovers any of the buttons (except the one at the bottom right in the status bar), then the text from the Variable field gets deselected (which then prevents from copying it).

Now, the obvious solution to that problem is that I shouldn't move the cursor away before pressing Ctrl V, but still, would it be possible to modify the program in such a way that having the cursor hover buttons doesn't deselect the text?
-ConstanceJill (December 05, 2017, 05:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Okay, will see if I can work it out to where it will select the previous selected text as I had to do some code to workaround the buttons in that toolbar so that they would show the hover style when hovering all the time which appears to be affecting it.  It might take me a day or two to get time to look at it, but I will. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version