ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2013

NANY 2013 Release: Customizable Remote Administration Panel (CRAP)

<< < (19/29) > >>

hamradio:
Hi, I suppose it depends on how much you'd upgrade it :D

As long as it's 4.8.1 or lower then it wouldn't be an issue for my workplace, but if I need to install a more recent one, then I'm not completely sure.
-ConstanceJill (March 28, 2024, 08:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

I was thinking 4.8 since that is what suggested when I opened it for the first time on this Win11 computer.

hamradio:
A small update of development information...

So I went ahead and let it switch over to 4.8 and the bug is fixed on my copy atm I think along with the one feature added in. I did notice on my win11 machine though it appears the command line is staying open after launching an executable even with the parameter that is suppose to close it. I may have to look into that portion so the command prompt doesn't stay open for just launching programs normally (if you consider it a hassle to have to close it after it launches the executable only). Also I still need to look further into the other shortcut idea you had.

ConstanceJill:
Yes I've mentioned this thing about the command line window staying open when launching a GUI driven program in message #34, it pretty much always happened for me (or at least since then), no matter which OS I used the program on.
As a workaround I've been using the "start" command to launch any GUI mode program from CRAP.

I think there must be some other way (maybe an API or something?) that you can use which doesn't rely on CMD at all. It still should be able to run batch scripts and other command line programs just like we do when using the "run" dialog.

hamradio:
Yes I've mentioned this thing about the command line window staying open when launching a GUI driven program in message #34, it pretty much always happened for me (or at least since then), no matter which OS I used the program on.
As a workaround I've been using the "start" command to launch any GUI mode program from CRAP.

I think there must be some other way (maybe an API or something?) that you can use which doesn't rely on CMD at all. It still should be able to run batch scripts and other command line programs just like we do when using the "run" dialog.
-ConstanceJill (March 30, 2024, 02:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well now that I’m reproducing it on my end too I might be able to fix it. :Thmbsup:

Maybe time for an option to not use CMD.EXE at all in each entry since MS appears to have stopped the one method.

hamradio:
Going forward an option to skip the command window will be in. With it enabled only the app should be listed in the prefix then any other arguments for said application in the command suffix.

Does that sound like it would be okay?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version