ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2013

NANY 2013 Release: Customizable Remote Administration Panel (CRAP)

<< < (18/29) > >>

Ath:
that runs Windows 11, where it does not seem possible to create custom toolbars any more.
-ConstanceJill (March 23, 2024, 03:19 PM)
--- End quote ---
That major mishap of MS (one of many in Windows 11, for some reason they want to make Windows 11 look like Mac OS :mad:) can be circumvented by installing ExplorerPatcher, that will make Windows 11 usable (bearable?) for power (actually: any) users.

ConstanceJill:
I've had a night's sleep since my previous post and it seems like most of what I've been suggesting in there would probably be an overcomplicated solution when I can just regroup my game shortcuts into a single folder… feel free to disregard that then.

hamradio:
Hey there,

A few months ago I've acquired a new computer, that runs Windows 11, where it does not seem possible to create custom toolbars any more.
And so lately I've been thinking, instead of putting the shortcuts to my games on the desktop, why not use CRAP as a launcher? :D

In the process of recreating my game shortcuts into CRAP, I got the following idea: it would be neat if I could just drag and drop an icon onto the current layout, or maybe to the layout editor window, and that would basically parse that shortcut and create an equivalent button (using the icon, command prefix and its name as a caption).
Would that be feasible? :)

Another possible improvement I've been thinking of: from the "Add new button" dialog, if there is no defined "Command Prefix" yet, and the user just loaded the icon from an .exe file, perhaps we could have the program populate the prefix with that same exe file's path?

Oh and, I suppose it's some kind of bug: when browsing to an executable to get its icon, CRAP fails to recognize that an .EXE file was selected unless its extension is entirely in lower case (so it will work only with ".exe", but not ".EXE" or a mix of upper and lower case).
-ConstanceJill (March 23, 2024, 03:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm on windows 11 too as of early December anyways let me see what I can do as time permits on the ideas. As for the bug I will look into it as well.

hamradio:
Also another question ConstanceJill...would it be okay if I upgrade the .net version it needs?

ConstanceJill:
Hi, I suppose it depends on how much you'd upgrade it :D

As long as it's 4.8.1 or lower then it wouldn't be an issue for my workplace, but if I need to install a more recent one, then I'm not completely sure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version