ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2013

NANY 2013 Release: Customizable Remote Administration Panel (CRAP)

<< < (13/27) > >>

hamradio:
Up!

Would it be possible to make it so that, when creating a new button, the icon can be retrieved from / linked directly to an .EXE or .DLL file (like in Windows shorcuts) ?
-ConstanceJill (December 07, 2018, 07:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Okay...I think I will be able to do exe for sure by attempting to extract and save the icon in an icons folder in 3 different sizes. (Attempting sizes of 32x32, 24x24, 16x16).

With that said I am close to having it implemented and ready to go since I am reusing some code from another one of my apps. :Thmbsup:

It is suppose to default to 32x32 and work down as well as determine if any valid icons exist that it can get and if not will ask you to try again.

ConstanceJill:
Hi there :]

I only tested the beta you PMed me a link to a little for now as I'm home this week, but it seems to be working fine.

I would have preferred if the user could actually link to the .exe (or a .dll), and also be able to chose which icon to select when there are several inside of it (just like when modifying a shortcut from Windows), instead of just automatically extracting the first icon, but it's still an improvement over the previous versions where any icon had to already be extracted somewhere :)

hamradio:
Hi there :]

I only tested the beta you PMed me a link to a little for now as I'm home this week, but it seems to be working fine.

I would have preferred if the user could actually link to the .exe (or a .dll), and also be able to chose which icon to select when there are several inside of it (just like when modifying a shortcut from Windows), instead of just automatically extracting the first icon, but it's still an improvement over the previous versions where any icon had to already be extracted somewhere :)
-ConstanceJill (January 10, 2019, 05:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Heres a little more of an explanation of why I got it doing what it is with the beta I let you try...

Loading from the executable directly each launch of CRAP could add second(s) to the load of program is one reason I am trying to keep it as images. (See footnote below.) Especially since I have not figured out the way currently for C Sharp to do as is possible with shortcuts, which would allow choosing of icons. I could let it load the default icons from the program each time, but it is essentially the same exact ones I am saving which also reduces the load time of CRAP initially. I have looked briefly...so if I figure out how to do as with shortcuts and other programs I will explore adding that method more at that time.

Footnote: I got both methods in Portable Extension Warlock. The difference is noticeable in my opinion.

ConstanceJill:
Alright, that makes sense.

I wonder if the load times increase that much when using a SSD?

hamradio:
I wonder if the load times increase that much when using a SSD?
-ConstanceJill (January 11, 2019, 01:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

I am not sure as I do not have one of those.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version