ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Dim rest of desktop/windows, except for focused window

<< < (16/18) > >>

ianscrap:
I'm having trouble getting this to work properly with 2 monitors. The main is 1400x1050 (Dell D610 with Intel integrated video), and the secondary monitor is 1280x1024.  The main monitor works great, but nothing dims on the other one. Windows that are partially in both windows dim on the main monitor. TransOther works great on both monitors. My INI setting look like this:
[Settings]
backcolor=000000
image=
x=
y=
width=
height=
stretchwidth=1
stretchheight=1
keepaspect=1
transparency=175
jump=1
showdesktop=0
showontop=0
multimon=1

Even working like this, this is a great app. Thanks!
-vermeulen (March 19, 2008, 09:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, indeed, this is a great app.  But like you've stated, I am not able to get it to function on two Monitors.  Only the Primary Dims.

Is there plans on fixing this?  Or has it been resovled already?

sunny:
hi there,

just a mention about Ghoster's sister app - Zorro...

Description:
Zorro is a utility to completely blank the screen except for a rectangular area selected by the user.
This is especially useful for watching videos on your computer without being distracted by other programs.

Freeware. For Windows 95, 98, Me, NT, 2000, XP, and 2003 Server.

best regards,
lanux

-lanux128 (October 23, 2005, 08:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks buddy g8 app you told man .Really fits for my work deeply grateful to you Lanux.

mouser:
ghoster mentioned on lifehacker today: http://lifehacker.com/5132750/ghoster-focuses-the-active-window-to-minimize-distractions

NoDistraction:
Hi!

I really love Ghoster, thanks for this great app.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to limit the dimming the a certain part of the screen.
This would be very useful cause I'm using Rainmeter to show a bar with system informations on the top of the screen. This bar is always visible, thanks to CoralDesktop, which is a cool app, too. It would be great, if that top part of the screen could be excepted from dimming, maybe by specifying an y-offset?

Unfortunately I have no clue how to edit the autohotkey file, but I'm sure it's no problem for the guru's here.

Thank you all!

dragonmage:
Hi!

I really love Ghoster, thanks for this great app.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to limit the dimming the a certain part of the screen.
This would be very useful cause I'm using Rainmeter to show a bar with system informations on the top of the screen. This bar is always visible, thanks to CoralDesktop, which is a cool app, too. It would be great, if that top part of the screen could be excepted from dimming, maybe by specifying an y-offset?

Unfortunately I have no clue how to edit the autohotkey file, but I'm sure it's no problem for the guru's here.

Thank you all!
-NoDistraction (May 06, 2009, 07:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Did you know that Rainmeter can accomplish the always visible area by itself? Add DesktopWorkArea= to the [Rainmeter] section of rainmeter.ini , then use four comma separated values to set it. Left,Top,number of pixels to maximize to right,number of pixels to maximize toward bottom.
I think you can get by with just setting the second number (Top) but I haven't tried it.

EDIT: Changed directions, relative feature not implemented yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version