ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Free Videos Thread

<< < (8/13) > >>

40hz:
@Tomos - if it's any consolation, I'm running into a lot of that lately with many things I'm interested in watching. Maybe someday they'll get all this ridiculous licensing and copyright bickering straightened out.

Somebody I know (who works in television as a producer) said that that restriction is most likely because of trademark concerns. A lot of US sci-fi movies are discovering you can't create a storybook company, technology, or product without somebody claiming to already "own" the name or term. Unfortunately, these people only come forward once a show is making money or under contract for a season, at which time it becomes a toss-up for a network or the producers whether to fight or settle on the claim.

Since most take the short term tactical strategy of settling this has become a fairly common headache in the movie and TV world. They actually budget for it now.

Small wonder there's so many "reality television" programs blighting the airwaves these days. :-\

Renegade:
If you like the odd funny B movie, then from A+ Productions, get ready for a Z movie!

ALIEN CRISIS!

There are 2 x 3 minute episodes, and they're pretty funny.

http://www.andylast.com/Alien_Crisis_01.htm

For some better scifi, The Thaumaturge is pretty good. Not long, but a good story.

http://vimeo.com/57381374

Renegade:
I've been following the web series H+ The Digital Series and have found it quite enjoyable.

H+ posits a near future "transhuman" scenario where a nanotech implant called H+ has been introduced that allows a person to be connected to an enhanced reality internet 24/7. All looks good until the system (and implantees) get hit with a cyber virus.

The story gets told in a non-linear fashion as the episodes in the series (46 to date, each running 3-10 minutes) move back and forth to moments before, during and after the infection leaving the viewer with clues in order to piece out exactly what happened. (Note: each episode has annotations which provide clues and point out various themes in the series. I suggest you watch each major chapter (about 6 episodes per) once with the annotations initially left off for maximum fun. Then re-watch them with the annotations on to see how close your conclusions and observations match up with those of the writers.)

Very well done. Recommended. :Thmbsup:

Episode 1 - Driving Under follows. 6 entertainment minutes well spent IMHO:

(Wikipedia entry here.)
 8)
-40hz (January 14, 2013, 08:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

FINALLY got around to this... DAMN! It's pretty cool! On ep3 now, but so far, it's a pretty cool idea. Very dystopian. Very scary. Well, I suppose scary if you read stuff like Techdirt as opposed to the magazine Gore. ;)

Very much looking forward to the rest - got 3 chapters cued to download. :)

Renegade:
If you liked Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog, and liked Felicia Day (the really cute red head), then you may like this:

DRAGON AGE

It's a fantasy web series, and the production value is spectacular.

There are several episodes, and they're available in HD (1080p). (You might want a downloader for them.)

However, if you're outside the US, you may have trouble watching it. Have no fear! Another DC thread saves the day!

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=33292.0

Get that, set your server to the US, restart your connection. Poof! All of a sudden you've teleported to the US for IP purposes. :D

The show is produced and written by Felicia Day, who also stars in the TV show "Eureka". She's quirky, peppy, energetic, and extremely entertaining!

GO GINGERS~! ;D :P

Renegade:
Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome

If you have problems, use a VPN as described in the thread described in the thread above. ;)

BSG is a great series. And, you can get some more of it for free there! :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version