ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

database program needed (CRM?)

(1/2) > >>

brotherS:
Hi,

I'm trying to help a friend who's looking for some kind of database program. He wants to put all his customers into it and also add the potential they still have (the services they still could buy from him but haven't yet). When all the information is in the system, he wants to be be able to - with just hitting a button or two - get results like "With customer X there's potential for 7 services" and maybe also "Those services have a revenue potential of $ Y for customer X."

At first I suggested Excel to him, but then he told me that later on he wants to add stuff like "Who gave the most referrals that resulted in new customers?", "When did we last talk with this customer?", etc., making it more likely a database of some kind is needed? Or a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) program?

If possible the software should be available in German too.

Any ideas? Of course it should also be reasonably priced and easy to learn/use.  8)

Contro:
I use Goldmine 5.5, and old CRM.
I am a customer for life of this program.
I don't want to know of new version.
Goes by the Premium goldmine version
The support is good.
Goldmine

40hz:
Couple of questions:

* How much time is he willing to commit to learning a software package? Most CRM software takes some training, along with forming new personal work habits.
* Is it just for him - or for his entire company?
* Does he need to have access to his data from anywhere?
* What's the primary goal for him? Generating leads? Maintaining extensive contact data and call histories? Etc...
* Does he have a budget for this?
Knowing some of this would give us a better idea of what to suggest. CRM apps take many forms. And different products  place their emphasis on different management goals. So it's usually good idea to be as specific as possible about what you really want/need it for.
 :)

Contro mentioned Goldmine. If his needs are for a solid basic relationship management system, Goldmine has been around for years. I have a few clients using it, and they are quite happy with what it does for them. They offer a free trial so it wouldn't cost him anything to check it out and see if it fits the bill. There's plenty of good info on the Goldmine site. The case studies provide a good idea of what something like Goldmine can do. :up:

Contro:
Yeap. And I don't want to know about any other program. And from Goldmine don't pay me. I have an old version and installed on a virtual machine a trial : more powerful, more complex, more learning. Not for me. Now I am trying my old version on a windows 7 machine and seems go well.
Of Course there is a lot of other CRM software, and very good.
And free options with best results too.
As all donation coder participants knows is just a question of time and effort to find a program to do what we want free.
 ;D

brotherS:
>Couple of questions:
> How much time is he willing to commit to learning a software package? Most CRM software takes some training, along with forming new personal work habits.

Yeah, that should work...

> Is it just for him - or for his entire company?

For him and one or two employees.

> Does he need to have access to his data from anywhere?

Probably not, that feature would be more of a "nice to have".

> What's the primary goal for him? Generating leads? Maintaining extensive contact data and call histories? Etc...

Using it for decision-making and later on also for mailings, inviting customers for a little event, stuff like that. (As far as I know.)

> Does he have a budget for this?

Well, he's the owner, he'll just create a budget.  :D

Contro mentioned Goldmine. If his needs are for a solid basic relationship management system, Goldmine has been around for years. I have a few clients using it, and they are quite happy with what it does for them. They offer a free trial so it wouldn't cost him anything to check it out and see if it fits the bill. There's plenty of good info on the Goldmine site. The case studies provide a good idea of what something like Goldmine can do. :up:
-40hz (October 15, 2012, 07:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

http://www.goldmine.com says it's "Just $4.65 a Day", making it quite expensive. Also, it doesn't seem to be available in German.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version