ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

OCR - comparisons of different software/capability

(1/5) > >>

IainB:
Objective:
To run a quick comparison of the difference in accuracy between some of the different OCR capability available on/from my laptop and in the Cloud:
   ○ MS Office 2007 MSPVIEW.EXE (laptop).
   ○ MS OneNote (laptop).
   ○ ABBYY Screenshot Reader (laptop).
   ○ Google docs (Cloud).

Method:
Input data is in the form of a .tif image document, made by scanning a laser-printed document (black on white). The image was of a date-ordered financial statement.
For the purposes of the comparison, I just focussed on a range of dates in the date column, not the whole document image.
The table below has had all the OCRed results put into the same font and font size, and the single image has been resized/aligned, so that it is easy to compare the results across columns.

Results:
   ○ The errors have been highlighted in yellow.
   ○ It is evidently a tie between OneNote OCR and ABBYY clip OCR, both with 100% accuracy.
   ○ Google docs OCR is a very close second, with only one error - it missed a dot(!).
   ○ MSPVIEW seems to have made no data errors, but has inserted spaces where there were none.

cranioscopical:
That's interesting, thanks for preparing and sharing the results.

Contro:
 :)
Nice work indeed.
I have seen a new method of scan more powerful for documents or books of your own.

Scanner

IainB:
:)
Nice work indeed.
I have seen a new method of scan more powerful for documents or books of your own.

Scanner
-Contro (October 15, 2012, 07:42 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thankyou! Nice find.     :Thmbsup:

oversky:
Can you provide the original ttf? I would like to test it with other OCR. Thank you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version