ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Portable alternative for Cathy (cataloging freeware) that runs on Win7 64 bit?

<< < (6/9) > >>

tomos:
This might be of no help -but I'll post it just in case-
you can see the two catalogue files with .caf extension, stored in the same folder as the exe.

Portable alternative for Cathy (cataloging freeware) that runs on Win7 64 bit?

Win7 Pro 64bit
Admin a/c (as you say, uac seems to be irrelevant)

zzynx:
@wraith808
Portable only means that it doesn't need a specific location present at run time, not that it doesn't use another location temporarily.
--- End quote ---

Right.

It's just that if it works for a different user, it seems that permissions is the right path to go down.
--- End quote ---
It looks like that, yeah.
It's just that I don't know where to start.

I downloaded ProcessMonitor and traced the operations of Cathy.exe. But at first sight I don't see anything that indicates it hasn't enough rights to write or read.
Moreover, when starting up, it should just read the .caf files that are in the same directory as the cathy.exe.

zzynx:
@tomos
Sorry, but I don't know what you're trying to say in your latest post.

tomos:
@tomos
Sorry, but I don't know what you're trying to say in your latest post.
-zzynx (October 16, 2012, 02:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

nothing beyond giving the little bit of extra info: file extension & location - on the off-chance that something different was going on there.

ewemoa:
A couple more questions:

Have you tried running Cathy.exe without any other files in the same folder?

and:

If you hook up some external drive (or have some other partition) and place a folder there with Cathy.exe in it, do you still get the same results?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version