ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2013

NANY 2013 Withdrawn: Bead Designer

(1/4) > >>

app103:
NANY 2013 Entry Information
Application Name Bead Designer Version -- Short Description Lightweight application for designing Native American style beadwork designs Supported OSes Windows Web Page http://arussoprojects.tk/2012/09/bead-designer/ Download Link -- System Requirements--
Version History--
Author app103

Description
A simple application for designing patterns for Native American style loomed bead weaving, that actually looks like finished beadwork.

Screenshots

Teaser:

I don't know if I am going to be able to pull this one off, but I will give it a try. Been having a lot of fun playing with it just as it currently is, but it is quite obvious that this is an unfinished project.

I have a project page up but this will not be the final location for it when it is finished. http://arussoprojects.tk/2012/09/bead-designer/

tomos:
Looks really nice.
I borrowed :) another screenshot from your linked page:

Is this intended for designing stuff that would actually be made, or is it for creating images (or both)?

Edit: goes well with my avatar :p

wraith808:
That looks cool!  And I agree that when (not if!) you finish, you should seek an OEM deal :)

Renegade:
That looks cool!  And I agree that when (not if!) you finish, you should seek an OEM deal :)
-wraith808 (October 12, 2012, 07:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

YES! Exactly! :D

app103:
Is this intended for designing stuff that would actually be made, or is it for creating images (or both)?
-tomos (October 12, 2012, 05:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Both. One does not even need to know how to do bead weaving to have fun with this! But if they do know how, it can be used to plan small projects...the kind that one would do on those small looms that they sell in toy stores.

I do this kind of work, myself, and for years I have planned my projects on graph paper with colored pencils. I never even knew that any software existed for this until I went and checked, after getting this far on my project.

Most of the software I found is quite complex compared to what I am making and not the sort of thing designed for an 8-10 year old child, a beginner, or the casual bead weaver. Almost all of them are pretty serious applications. You'll probably spend almost as much time (if not more) trying to figure out the software as you would designing your first project. And none of them are really of any use to anyone that doesn't do bead weaving.

And that is what is keeping me going on this project.

I will finish this one, just don't know if I will be able in time for this year's NANY. This project has a lot of stuff that I have never done before and I am bound to hit a lot of snags getting it to work right. (already got one that is driving me bonkers) But I will finish it, because I want to use this, myself.

This is one of my favorites of the screenshots. It's pattered after an actual Ojibwa design.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version