ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How to tell if the Universe is a computer simulation

<< < (3/4) > >>

mahesh2k:
If a quantum description of the universe is correct (and most indications seem to point in that direction) then are we actually characters in a future version of the Sims? The capricious nature of some human behaviour perhaps suggests so ;-)
--- End quote ---

It reminds me of this paper.

40hz:
We are all just ideas spontaneously emerging and fading in the mind of Steven Jobs.

Oh me!...oh my!...AUM!

Shanti! :'(

Stoic Joker:
We are all just ideas spontaneously emerging and fading in the mind of Steven Jobs. Shanti! :'(
-40hz (October 11, 2012, 01:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

OH DEAR GOD, the Shame! The Horror!  :'( ...I have to go kill myself immediately.  :-[

superboyac:
i wouldn't be so certain of the quantum theories.  they have as many holes as, um, *other* theories.  If you're interested, I've attached a really great summary of all that stuff in a short ~100 page document.

superboyac:
Since vision seems to be our most convincing sense, I always like to know what's the smallest thing we are actually able to see without needing to resort to artist's conceptions or shadows and such.  Here's one of them:

That's the tip of a needle made of tungsten.  Each ball is supposedly an individual atom.  Although, I think this is a colorized image.  But that's ok, at least it's still an actual picture of something.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version