ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Does the browser Opera suck?

<< < (2/8) > >>

app103:
I have had some issues in the past with Opera and security dialogs asking if I wanted to proceed to a site which either was insecure (not https) or had something funky with its security certificate. Normally it would not be an issue to me, except that when it asked on some sites, it did it twice, and on the 2nd dialog the option to proceed was not clickable...so you couldn't. You'd have to reload the page, and then the same thing would happen again.

In most other browsers there is a setting to turn off the asking, but I could never find it in Opera.

Josh:
Opera, protecting users from themselves, even when they know what they are doing...

eleman:
My personal view of Opera after three attempts to use it: "too different to switch to at my age [35]". And also it failed to render some pages correctly (this is probably caused by web designers' faults in standards compliance, rather than Opera, but in any case, why should I bother?)

Lutz_:
I have a hunch that you might have perhaps a little bit too much security software on your computer.  Just a hunch...
My opera browser has no problems with the websites mentioned (no such problems in general) and I very, very rarely encounter this redirection warning.

mahesh2k:
I found this on diaspora. :D

Does the browser Opera suck?

[Modified by Josh with the attachthumb option, for viewability]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version